cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Delayed fibre installation - 10 weeks and counting

Writing on behalf of my dad who made the cardinal error of signing up with BT (well, to be honest, it is his only option given the monopoly BT have on the network where he is).

Order placed on 19th July with installation date set at 5th August. Nothing happens. Account status update basically just keeps moving the date by a day every time the date is missed.

3 calls to BT placed between 5th and 12th August...3 different people all offering completely different excuses and promises they ultimately failed to keep.

Eventually one call handler suggested that the best course of action was for BT to cancel the order then raise a new one and this would get things moving.

it certainly appeared to get things going; an engineer visited to inspect the new fibre route from the road in to the property-but that’s really as far as it went and that was way back in September.

Since then it has been a succession of failed engineer appointments and a shocking lack of communication. Nobody wants to come clean with the truth it would seem.

Two complaints have been raised since August yet there has been no response. BT wrote to my dad recently and suggested he takes this to the Ombudsman! Fat lot of good that will likely do.

No compensation has been credited which seems to go against OFCOM’s advice of being payable no more than 30 days from the date the service was due to start. BT say they will review compensation within 15 days of the service commencing-if only we had a crystal ball to know when that might be.

Oh, the status update tells him every day that an engineer is due outside the property...yet we know this isn’t the case. Almost as if the service is automated or something to give people just a glimmer of hope.

I’d like to escalate this quickly as he has no other fibre options where he lives (western isles of Scotland).

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Delayed fibre installation - 10 weeks and counting

Contact DigitalScotland, the enquiry link is at the bottom of the page.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Hi @iharding1981 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry for the problems your Dad has had with his fibre broadband order.  That is a long delay and I appreciate the time you've taken to try and get this sorted out.

You can get in touch with us and we will find out what's causing the hold up.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

I felt compelled to give an update on this one.

After posting on this forum, BT did make contact with my father so we were encouraged that they’d actually listened for a change.

Unfortunately absolutely nothing has moved on. We are more than 16 weeks from placement of order and 14 weeks from the initial installation date.

There is a worrying lack of transparency from BT and little evidence of accountability on anyone’s part. Can we not expect some frank honesty? Perhaps a valid reason for this embarrassing delay? 

BT are also unwilling to discuss due compensation and state that it will be confirmed 15 days after the service begins...oh how we would love to know when that date will be.

Time to step up and do the honourable thing BT. Phone my dad. Tell him you have messed up and then apologise profusely to him. Explain to him exactly why this has happened and then map out exactly how, and when, you are going to fix this please.

Rest assured we will continue to pursue this - we won’t just go away.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Still nothing.

No fibre for nearly 4 months.

Complaint raised on 11th August still not dealt with.

Latest commitment from BT was resolution by 13th November - still nothing. Perhaps I should have asked what year the November in question related to?!

Utterly disgraceful performance BT.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Complaints process - over 100 days and counting

Raised a complaint regarding delayed fibre installation on 11th August 2020 (Broadband has still not been installed to this day).

The complaint has not progressed for over 100 days.

How can this be escalated successfully?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Re: Complaints process - over 100 days and counting

@iharding1981 wrote:

Raised a complaint regarding delayed fibre installation on 11th August 2020 (Broadband has still not been installed to this day).

The complaint has not progressed for over 100 days.

How can this be escalated successfully?

Did you contact @RobbieMac  as requested on 22nd October?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Yes all done. He wrote back at the time but nothing has moved forward.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@iharding1981 wrote:
Yes all done. He wrote back at the time but nothing has moved forward.

I have flagged this to a moderator, for an update

Message 10 of 19

Hi @iharding1981,

I am sorry for the length of time that this is taking to get resolved. I can see that @NeilO had picked this up. As it's a FTTP order, it was left for the FTTP team to contact you as they are the only ones who can help. They are due to get back to you within 1 working day. I've also let @NeilO that you were in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings