cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Complaints process - over 100 days and counting

So, here we are again. I’d love to be reporting positive news but I can’t.

BT eventually texted my father (much better if you don’t have to speak to the customer) telling us everything will be hunky-dory come 3rd December 2020. The boys will be churning up earth and frantically laying the new ducting for this 21st century technology.

Now, call me cynical but when the status of installation has remained at “estimated” since early August, I don’t naturally become overwhelmed by hope.

For the love of God BT can you please put my father in touch with a human being that can carefully explain why you’ve kept him offline for over 4 months. Just let it all out. Don’t feel ashamed and don’t be overly apologetic (nobody likes to be patronised). Cold, hard facts is what we seek. And perhaps a genuine and realistic date for installation.

Utterly shambolic.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

We now have an 'estimated' date of 10th December 2020. Not only that, but it looks like my father will now receive his 3rd BT Smart Hub since he placed his original order on 19th July 2020. Shame he doesn't have any broadband to use them with. I guess he could flog the other two to cover some of his data usage charges.

Something peculiar is going on here behind the scenes and it appears that BT staff are cancelling existing orders and raising new ones (there would be no other reason for dispatching yet another Smart Hub).

The real timeline is fully documented and will be presented to the Ombudsman. We are now 126 DAYS ON FROM THE INITIAL INSTALLATION DATE!!!!!! What other business gets away with that level of performance?

Absolutely no communication from BT until they are chased down. A disgraceful way to treat another paying customer and I'm sure he is far from being the only one that suffers at the hands of big corporations like this.

I came to this forum on the advice that people here get things moving. I'm yet to be convinced. The silence from all parties speaks volumes for the contempt you hold for a lot of your customers.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

@iharding1981 

I guess he could flog the other two to cover some of his data usage charges.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe you were joking but those routers are the property of BT and will want them returning at some point.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

I would have hoped that given my general tone that most would have understood it to be a tongue-in-cheek remark.

Anyway - back on topic. Seeing as the mods on here have deemed this to be in the "too hard to deal with" box (based on the silence), I've taken to writing to some CEO's and the like to see if they actually understand what goes on in their corporation.

Probably won't go anywhere but it'll be fun nonetheless.

Oh, I thought I should mention. BT did actually call my dad this morning (a real-life person, no less) to tell him the wonderful news that the new installation date is now estimated as February 2021. Top-notch service lads. 6 months to get your house in order is totally reasonable.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

The mods here cannot deal with it, only the FTTP team can.

Did you ever contact Digital Scotland?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

PippinCP - I did write to them but all they said was our property was now able to receive super fast broadband. In what other way can they assist do you think?

The only fibre available where my father lives is via BT currently.

They have installed all the primary ducting and cabinets in the area. All they need to do now is connect us to the primary infrastructure (about 45m of ducting/cabling to the house).

All his neighbours were online months ago.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Thanks...but the availability is not in question. BT super fast broadband is available already and is the only current provider. That will change in the future but will require upgrades to the exchanges.

That link you sent states "If your query is about an existing broadband service please contact your Communications Provider" so that puts me straight back to BT.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Use the "Other" option, I presume you actually read the form.

2020-12-04 14_14_16-Fibre Broadband Availability - Customer – Mozilla Firefox.png

0 Ratings