cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dragondance
Message 1 of 5

Delays in connecting BT Infinity

I signed up for BT Infinity and was told in a welcome email that "the transfer will happen on 19 Sep 2016". Since then I have received 3 Smart Hubs, but, despite many phone conversations with BT staff, the transfer has still not happened. This long delay is even more galling because we, in our village, had to pay for fibre-optic to our cabinet because BT said it would not be economic. I personally paid £200 because my existing broadband service is often very slow and drops out altogether several times a day, making working from home very frustrating.

I first found out that there were problems when I went to "track my order" and there was a message that the order had been cancelled. After many fruitless conversations and on-line chats with call centre staff I was eventually given the direct line to someone in the Customer Connections team. The member of staff I speak to explained that the problems are caused by postcodes not matching. She is responsive and seems to be on top of the problems and instigating the required actions to resolve them, but I am not convinced that a resolution is any nearer. If I don't phone for a few days my case gets forgotten and I find that nothing has happened.

Are delays of six-weeks-plus normal for BT or am I just very unlucky? Is there any way I can get this prioritised? 

Thanks

Andy

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Delays in connecting BT Infinity

Can you put your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up a screenshot of the results please?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dragondance
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for quick reply. This is what I get:

123.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If it's a records problem with either BT or their suplliers (Wholesale or Openreach) then you'll need to wait for that to be sorted.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@dragondance The Mod team will be happy to look into this for you if you use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings