cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ateece
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Deployment Updates?

Does anyone know how to get an update on FTTC cabinet deployments?

A small group of which I was a member worked to get our local cabinet (Cheltenham 214) privately funded last year. This was done and we had a provisional install date of September 2014.

I know it was only a provisional date, but we've seen nothing yet.

I've tried the nga.enquiries address but it now bounces, and i've seen from other chains that it is now closed.

I've tried the when-and-where site which does say the cheltenham exchange is FTTC enabled and that we're on the rollout plan which is great - but with no further details.

The wholesale ADSL checking doesn't mention anything.

Does anyone have any other ideas how to get information?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Deployment Updates?

You can contact Openreach using this form http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/contact-us-form.aspx
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

I would've thought that a member of the group would be in touch with Openreach, someone must have made the payment arrangements and entered into a contract on behalf of the group surely?

Or you could've had an intermediary do this for you.

Whichever option the group agreed to, this is the person who would have the most up to date info.

Openreach where and when (and other sites) only list the commercial roll out details, as yours is privately funded it would not appear in there.

Contact the person dealing with Openreach on your behalf.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 5

ateece,

As 

The groups contact info is here: http://cheltenham214.wordpress.com/who-we-are/

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
ateece
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I'm part of the group that pushed the consortium of developers to pay for the cabinet to be upgraded... however since the development is now completed and they're offsite no one is returning my emails seeking a little update 😞

Hence I'm trying to get more information out of BT to update the whole group, and the numerous people on the estate who I bump into and "when will we get broadband", "any further updates", etc.

Andrew

0 Ratings