cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonny321321
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Difference between BT infinity and BT total broadband?

Go to solution

Currently, I have BT total broadband (the unlimited package) including the phone package etc @ £56 per month.
I live in the UK and I've heard about BT infinity.
I find my download speed and upload speed often lacking compared to other people's and I'm curious, would it cost me anything extra to upgrade to BT infinity?

I've checked that I'm eligible and option 2 (of infinity) is the exact same price with no apparent catch or extra cost.

Can I just upgrade the broadband and keep my phoneline?
Is it worth it?
Are there any drawbacks?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gizmo99
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Difference between BT infinity and BT total broadband?

Go to solution

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017&s_cid=con_FURL_...

And scroll down all the price and shown there

Yes your BT number and line will stay the same

It is worth it and in the future very worth it

Giz

Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Difference between BT infinity and BT total broadband?

Go to solution

If you have Total Broadband Option 3 this is the same price as Infinity 2 which is Up to 76 down and 19 up (80/20, really).

The difference between the two is the technology and the way that you recieve it, Total broadband Is ADSL Technology where as Infinity is VDSL.

The way that broadband is delievered to your house (ADSL) is followed.

Exchange > Copper cable > Cabinet > Copper Cable > Your property. (ADSL)

The way the Infinity is delievered is the exact same process but with different material such as.

Exchange > Fibre cable > Cabinet > Copper > Your property (VDSL also known as FTTC - Fibre to the cabinet)

You also have FTTP which is exactly ADSL but is Fibre all the way to home instead of copper cable.

Hope this helps, I would recommend you upgrade as the speeds you will get will be a lot better than they're on ADSL.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.