cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FilipSnajdr
Message 1 of 17

Different Fiber availabilities in the same house

Hello,

I'm looking for an explanation for this strange problem. I'm just on a standard broadband and I've been trying to order a fibre. My last order has been cancelled after few days saying there is no fibre available for my address. BUT my neighbour, who lives in THE SAME HOUSE has fiber broadband available. I'm sending some screenshots from the fibre checker.

First one is neighbour's flat number 41 and second one is my flat number 43 in the same building.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Does anyone have an explanation of this?

Cheers

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Different Fiber availabilities in the same house

Are you a bt broadband customer?

the most accurate results from dslchecker aepre achieved using your phone number not address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
FilipSnajdr
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for your answer. Yes, of course I did try that, but it shows me just this error message:

43.JPG

My number is not new, I've been using this landline more than one year. However, it's an old house and I thing it was originally probably just one flat and it was divided in two flats in past.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 17

Are you currently a BT customer or are you with another company?

0 Ratings
FilipSnajdr
Message 5 of 17

I'm on a standard broadband with another company now. The contract has ended. I tried few providers now, including BT.  Some orders went though and have been cancelled later on. When ordering fibre from BT, it showed me at the last step of the order that they cannot provide fiber.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

You will need to order a phone line first. Once that is working, the Openreach database will be updated, and you should be able to order broadband.

You can place an order for a phone line on this page.

https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address.  This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing.

0 Ratings
FilipSnajdr
Message 7 of 17

Ok, thanks. I thought that I'll have to go this way.  Does it mean that the phone line I currently have might to incompatible or too old for fibre?

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 8 of 17

No, it just means the routing for your line will be entered into the BTWholesale database so that you can be supplied with a fibre connection.

Presently because you are with another company they no nothing of how your line is routed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

@FilipSnajdr wrote:

Ok, thanks. I thought that I'll have to go this way.  Does it mean that the phone line I currently have might to incompatible or too old for fibre?

No, it still uses the same pair of copper wires. Its not really fibre, its only fibre to the cabinet, the rest is copper.

If you have standard broadband, then it will work on FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet).

0 Ratings
FilipSnajdr
Message 10 of 17

Ok, I'm starting to understand it now. Thanks.

Is ordering a phone line from BT the only way how to enter the BTwholesale database? Should I ask to install a new additional line? I don't see any standard BT master socket in the flat. There are only two old fashioned old phone sockets with no logo on it..

0 Ratings