cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Dig work keeps being delayed

Hi is there anyone get same situation.

Switched to BT Fibre broadband back to March 2020. The engineer came and found that my Fibre duct is not connected to my house. So they need have a dig work in to reconnect it. Then they spent 4 months time to find how to get a permission to do this job. 
Finally, I got a text message from BT said that the engineering team have now confirmed to us that they have the necessary permission to complete the external dig work. They will have this work completed on 30.7.20, your appointment has been booked for 10.8.20 between 8am and 1pm. Unfortunately, There is no one turned up on that day, so I phoned Bt, they told me should delayed your next Monday which is 03.08.20, then no doubt that still no showed up. So I have to phone BT again and been told that they have actually confirmed a new date - 06.08.20 which is today! I wait from 8am until now, still no one turned up. This makes me so confusing and disappointing. 

32EAB36D-6401-4C9A-8DD9-37F137C7B0A7.jpeg
And the first engineer leave this mess here and never come back again.......

what I can do now? Anyone had the same issue happened ? I feel so tiredness and despair. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Dig work keeps being delayed

Just in case you didn't realise in March the country went into lockdown which meant Openreach stopped doing installs and councils greatly reduced services who Openreach have to get dig permission from. But hey you think you're special so I would advise you to ring the FTTP team and ask them when the install will be completed.

0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Dig work keeps being delayed

I was not complaining about the delay for installation, please see my subject name! The dig team booked me 3 appointment since July for doing the dig work but never showed up, if it is still lockdown why you book appointments with customer! That’s the point! I never say I am special please don’t judge people like you are the god!