cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Digital Voice and Careline use.

Go to solution

Hi,

The Digital Voice system has just been installed at my elderly in-laws property.

can anyone tell me how to correctly connect a  “careline” connection? The other system was just piggy-backed into a standard telephone. 

many thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Digital Voice and Careline use.

Go to solution

Hi @Buddhagb1, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, does the careline need to be connected to a standard phone socket? If so there a socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2. You first need to peel off the cover that says digital voice customers only and behind that there is a green phone socket. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Neil, 

thanks for your prompt reply l will check on my next visit .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Buddhagb1   

I’m guessing, but perhaps a Digital Voice Adapter could be used at any power socket to provide a socket to plug the care line in to.

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/user-guides/Digital-Voice-Adapter-userguide.pdf

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Yes, that`s all very well, but BT don`t appear to sell the Digital Voice adaptors, although they do supply a user guide.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks Neil this worked but line wasn’t clear.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

They do sell a digital voice socket and this was my end fix as it resolved the crackling line via the hub. Another issue has been brought to BT’s attention with regard to a UPS style battery back-up. 
the current system advertised does NOT work with digital voice, therefore in the event of loss of mains power care lines will not work.

thanks for everyone’s advice .

regards Gary

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Would the careline unit also need a UPS?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I believe this would depend on the actual careline unit, for ours it needs plugging in as well as a phone line so yes. The current one available from BT is not compatible with Digital Voice and this is being looked into. 

Based on previous threads I believe BT have some responsibility to ensure the system works normally.

hope this helps

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
I believe this to be correct depending on the actual system.
0 Ratings