cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

Digital voice (FTTP new install) - can dial out but not receive calls

Hi, I had an FTTP installation today - all working great.

If I dial out from my DV handsets to my mobile, caller ID shows my landline number and the call connects successfully.

However, if I then call my landline number from my mobile, the DV handsets don't ring. If I plug a landline phone into my old master socket, it rings and I can receive the call.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

jam_cam

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: Digital voice (FTTP new install) - can dial out but not receive calls

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 30

Thanks for the suggestion. I don’t have a copper/fibre switch. I tried calling the 142599 number but was not recognised. No mention of any of this in the getting started leaflets, so presume inbound calls should be working the same as outbound...?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 30

It sound like a network issue, where the incoming path is still being routed to your local exchange.

Give the FTTP team a call on 0800 587 4787 and see if they can get the network routing sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 30

Yes, thanks. Just spoke to them and they can see the issue. Said will take to Weds to be resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 30

We've having similar problems, but it seems to be sporadic. Some people can get through fine if they call us from a mobile, but some who dial from Landline can't. We've had five people test it, on Virgin, Sky and they can't get through. Yet MOST mobiles CAN get through, very ocasionally on my work o2 Phone it won't get through, and I can always get through on my personal EE mobile? Can't work it out. Reported and hopefully they'll find an issue. Was with Sky before for house phone. Most odd.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

@davidmbell 

Did you phone the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 as previously suggested by @Keith_Beddoe 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

My situation is still an absolute mess. I still have to use copper phone line for landline - DV inbound does not work at all.  Worse than that, we have no caller ID on the copper line so can’t bar nuisance calls which are a nightmare.

BT absolutely clueless, original case is still open but it’s just gone into a void - no-one seems to have any knowledge, ability or willingness to fix.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

I've phoned someone and been through to the FTTP team. Twice in fact. First person, whilst lovely went through the clear obvious automated checklist. Rebooted router etc etc. Had me plug a basic old phone in to the back of the router. 2nd person I spoke to today said "he would fault it".
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

That doesn't bode well does it.
0 Ratings