cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCooke
Message 1 of 15

Disconnected from exchange and fibre space given to someone else

I phoned BT to cancel my fibre package to go with another provider when the price rises came in, but BT persuaded me to stay with a promise of no hassle, no interruption to service and a slightly lower price. So we stayed and have been charged for the Infinity 2 package, but after ten days our service dropped from 68Mb to just 3Mb!!! We have been fobbed off by BT at every phone call, told it was a problem in our property, then at the cabinet, but now it looks like we have been disconnected in the cabinet and there is now no fibre space for us, even though we have never cancelled our service. We have found this out from our own investigation and not from BT telling us...they have given our space to someone else and are still charging us for it! What cab we do now?
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Disconnected from exchange and fibre space given to someone else

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/
0 Ratings
TCooke
Message 3 of 15

Screenshot_2016-06-28-21-34-18-2.png

0 Ratings
TCooke
Message 4 of 15

Screenshot_2016-06-28-21-51-36-1.png

0 Ratings
TCooke
Message 5 of 15

Hi John,  thank you for looking at this. I have posted the 2 checks I can do tonight, I can't run the speed checker on a wired connection tonight though. The speeds were fine, and BT confirmed that we were on the standard broadband package, so the speeds are in line with what BT have put us on, he issue is they've dsconnecred us at the cabinet and used the space for someone else now so we're stuck on a basic broadband and paying for the top package. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

You have a 14mb connection but it looks like you are back on adsl2+ and not fibre 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

This has happened before, when they've changed your package they've moved you from FTTC to ADSL. Your cabinet is now full so unfortunatley you're going to need to wait for capacity to become available before you can change back.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
TCooke
Message 8 of 15

We realise that, they have disconnected our fibre connection, given the space to someone else, now we are left paying for fibre 2 and getting the basic package. Is there anything we can do to force them to disconnect the last person connected to give us our space back as we should never have been taken off I the first place?!
0 Ratings
TCooke
Message 9 of 15

We didn't change the package. They just said they could do it at a cheaper rate so we extended the existing contract.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

I can't see that last person being disconnected and it may not even be a bt customer. The best you can hope I think is for bt to put you at top of queue as it is there fault that you lost your fibre connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings