cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Disconnected once per day

Go to solution

Hi

I've setup a Python script to ping Google DNS and peer2-xe3-1-3.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net once per second, and alert me if unreachable.

This runs on my Raspberry Pi on a direct wired connection to the router.

What I've found is that my broadband gets a disconnect usually around once per day (network unreachable) at a random time, usually for a few seconds, say 10, and sometimes longer. Rarely it will disconnect long enough for the router to negotiate a new connection, but it does happen.

The less severe ones are enough to cause disconnections of an app (say a Teams call or an online gaming session).

Should I raise this with BT or should I try any different router settings?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disconnected once per day

Go to solution

have you checked for line noise  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone from test socket

have you tried connecting hub to test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It's already connected to test socket.

No noticeable noise.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I had a Draytek modem in place in an attempt to get IPv6 working, however, Google WiFi doesn't support IPv6 over PPoE, so I've now switched the Smart Hub 2 back into place as the modem.

The disconnects still happen, but the connection is now restored the next second. With the Draytek it tended to take several seconds to a couple of minutes, allowing any TCP connections to timeout and resulting in disconnects. So I think I can live with this.

0 Ratings