cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Disconnecting multiple times per day for 3-14 seconds.

I am not able to test my PC on wifi. I have also tried a different cable, I have not yet been able to look for any kind of light due to the low time the ethernet is down for. I am going to look out for it. There are no other messages.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Do other devices loose their connection at the same time ?

Might be worth changing the driver setting on your PC's ethernet port to force a speed of 10M. This might prevent the port from changing speed and would be useful as a test to see if that stops disconnections

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

I've been testing another router which I thought fixed the problem but today I disconnected for 4 seconds. WiFi doesn't drop and I'm testing my other computer which is also plugged in via ethernet to see if that one drops. By forcing my speed to 10M won't that give me very bad speeds?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

There shouldn't be any need to change your NIC settings. If it's like mine, it drops to 10M when the power saving cuts in - if the PC is asleep (screensaver on) or the NIC hasn't been used for a while. It auto switches back to 1GB when it becomes active. The event log on my SmartHub 2 is full of these events and it doesn't affect/isn't affected by the line being up or down as there's no relationship between the two.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

My PC doesn't go to sleep nor does it have power saving. My disconnections usually take place when I'm gaming and occasionally when I'm just watching Youtube videos.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

10M will give slower speeds (though in gaming its not normally a problem as the amount of data passed is normally quite small) and its probably not the issue but it would be good to rule it out (as I said, it almost sounds similar to a previous users issue)
Can you confirm other equipment looses its connection at the same time, or is it just the PC ?
0 Ratings