cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob3
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Disconnection when wet and windy

Hi, having ever worsening problems of the broadband connection dropping out if the weather is either wet ot windy. I suspect it is due to the elderly overhead cables which seem to be showing signs of their age. The problem is that every time i get hold of customer support the weather is better and they test the line and tell me all is well and they cant do anything. As sometimes the phone drops out as well it is pretty hard to contact them when it occurs!

Has anyone else had this problem and how did it get resolved?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Disconnection when wet and windy

if you are not getting a dial tone then phone faults either 151 from home phone or from mobile  0330 123 4151. and get engineer visit   unfortunately you cannot book engineer just when it's raining - unless you have a crystal ballSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Disconnection when wet and windy

@Rob3 wrote:

As sometimes the phone drops out as well it is pretty hard to contact them when it occurs!

This happened to my line a few weeks back. Using a mobile phone, I was able to log in to the bt site and instigate a line test on the land line number while it was out of action. This test then confirmed that there was a fault outside of my property that bt then went on to rectify.....;-)

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings