Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xer0w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Disconnections

Hi,

I have Infinity 2 unlimited which is usually stable and fast, but every 5 days the line disconnects for about a minute (sometimes less) whilst the modem reconnects (I can see the drop and reconnection in the log).

I have had a BT engineer visit and perform a line test, everything is fine, I have also done the recommend tests via the master test socket, which doesn't make any difference.

I have a DrayTek Vigor 2762ac setup with the latest .BT firmware and configured as per the instructions for a BT VDSL connection.

My line stats are ok, as follows. Speed is good (74/18)

DSL Status Capture.PNG

Any help or guidance appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disconnections

this sort of disconnection is more often after 14 days with some at 7 days and from memory a couple at 5 days but as long as your conenction speed is not suffering there is nothing you can do.  I used to have the 14 day reset for months and then it just stopped dropping and currently at 31 days with last reset due to firmware update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

It does not matter which router you use, you will still see a momentary disconnection as DLM makes any adjustments. This normally happens early morning between 3-5am, so should not cause any issues.

0 Ratings
xer0w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I've read a few posts elsewhere regarding the 14 and 7 day disconnects, although these were using a BT HH, but I guess if its dropping on the DSLAM then its not specific to cust equipment.

I'll leave it for a few more weeks and hopefully the DLM profile will settle down.

Thanks for the responses.

0 Ratings