cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cooter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Disconnects - Regular in evenings and through the night

24th of May - was relatively stable! Only 2 disconnects between 21:00 and 00:00...  Fingers crossed for this evening...

0 Ratings
shiftman
Message 12 of 15

Try this - it might work. I've had the same problem for the last few weeks; for me in the morning, however it was only affecting my laptop (several years old), not my tablet (new). The laptop was connecting over 2.4GHz, the tablet over 5GHz. Checking my router settings I found that the channel settings for both frequencies were set to "Smart" - Open the router control panel, click Advanced Settings, then Wireless. I've now changed the 2.4GHz from "Smart" to a manually selected channel (there are only 3 available - a signal checker app will tell you the one with the least interference) Since I changed from Smart to Manual I've had no disconnects; 5 days stable so far after at least daily disconnects for months. To change channels you'll need to change "Separate Channels" from Off to On; you can then change the channels from Smart to your own choice, then switch "Separate Channels" back to Off. I can only think that at around the same time each day (maybe several times a day) the router is checking for the channel with the least interference from other Wireless networks and switching channels on the router. My old laptop (and WiFi adaptor) isn't smart enough to recognise the switch, so is still looking for the router on the original channel. If you're connecting on 5GHz you can always try switching that frequency to manual as well.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Cooter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

That sounds more like an issue with your computers etc. With mine, it is EVERYTHING that I have going down simultaneously - smart TV, phone, laptop etc. The router itself goes orange light...

Friday evening I had 0 disconnects, router stats were showing over 36 hours up time at one point. However, last night was a different story - disconnected at around 10pm and, apart from a couple of times when I got connection for a couple of minutes it went totally down. I had to power cycle the router at 0630 this morning (sunday) to get anything back.
This is getting old.
Do BT monitor this or do I need to contact them...
0 Ratings
Cooter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Bump!
Still having problems...
0 Ratings
Cooter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Hi @PaddyB
I've done everything suggested, but nothing doing and some nights I just have barely any connectivity - usually when I need it! Can anyone give me more insight. Typically, I can't get to the phones easily and when I tried the online chat, I lost connection!

PLEASE HELP!
0 Ratings