cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Disconnects every night. Frustrating.

Yeah, on friday night I got disconnected at midnight. On saturday night I got the disconnection at 12:30 (4 minutes ago). This is a joke.

Message 12 of 19

using an uninterruptable power supply (UPS) on your router can solve this problem and keeps your router running if there's a power cut!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

@ChrisB how on earth UPS will solve this problem? We don't have any power cuts. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

It's very easy to blame an ISP for such instances when the cause could be absolutely nothing to do with them.

Here's an extreme case where an entire village was affected by 1 old TV set. https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a34229436/old-tv-breaks-internet/ 

There are many causes of SHINE which can drop your internet. A cetral heating timer switching off or a room thermostat. We had one user here not so long ago who suffered from it every time the communal lighting came of in the flats where he lived, turned out to be a faulty light sensor that turned them on. The list goes on.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

A UPS would only help if the hub is being hit with a power disturbance such as a black-out or brown-out. An EMC or RFI filter might help if the problem is mains-borne interference.

As it doesn’t happen at exactly the same time every night it is not likely to be something switching on and off by a timer (heating, lighting, hot water, streetlights). And why only at night? If it’s an appliance (TV, washing machine, dishwasher) that’s doing it, why doesn’t it ever happen during the day?

It could, conceivably, even be equipment at the exchange being hit with a power disturbance or RFI. I investigated a problem at an industrial site once where electronic equipment occasionally went loopy. This was traced to taxi cab radios. If it’s an external device causing the drop-out it’s going to be very difficult to trace.

By the way - it would have helped enormously if, when I first reported the issue, the BT representative had not told me that BT hubs were SUPPOSED to reboot overnight.

Message 16 of 19

Did anyone get a fix for this? It happens to my BT router fairly regularly. Always around 12:30am. I'm on fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Since I got the EE box next to my Bt router I have noticed that the hub blue lights go out around midnight but the EE box still has the blue lights on.

I’m rarely up past midnight but I noticed the next day my LG TV has list it’s Wi-Fi connection and despite having an Ethernet cable from hub to TV I have to reconnect.

is thus normal?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Same problem here, my internet has been going down every night for years, literally just went down BANG ON 12:30am as you said, for 5 minutes. Why do we pay for this rubbish?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

The cause is definitely to do with them because there is no way that it is a coincidence that people up and down the country experience the same thing at around 12:30am every morning. My internet just dropped at bang on 12:30 for 5 minutes. Does it every single night between around midnight and 3am.
0 Ratings