Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Josiedonegan
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Disgraceful service & internet.

Go to solution
I got BT infinity in June 2015. From the get go there were numerous problems from poor speed, drops in connection, to days without any internet at all. Everytime I rang BT I would have to be on hold for nearly an hour in some occasions only to get through to someone with such poor conversational English I wanted to pull my teeth out. Being told repeated that you are a valued customer so please kindly wait thankyou please is infuriating. After serval attempts to fix the problem over the phone with me resetting my router, turning off and on again (as if I'm so thick I hadn't tried that myself) I was sent several new routers. When this didn't work I was told I could have a engineer but the threat of £129.99 charge always put me off. Eventually after 10 months I caved and an engineer came out.

They assessed my line and said the line quality test had failed badly, and when out to check the main connection point outside the houses perimeter and concluded that the lines were in such a poor state of repair that they couldn't have possible been maintained for several years. He then went on to fix the problem- or so I thought.

I have no been without internet ever since. I have spoken to so many different customer service reps and most of them just don't listen to what I have to say or even read up the notes on the file. It turns out it's a problem with the line, so are sending out another engineer. However in the meantime I have been threatened with a charge of £129.99 and also been sent out another router, causing an even bigger waste of my time, swapping out equipment, changing passwords and mailing back the old equipment. All with a nice email that states if I don't send back the old router (even though I didn't ask for a new one) I will be charged £50. When I spoke to someone and asked how were they going to compensate me for being left with out working internet for so long even though I pay my bill each month, I was told that as I had recieved a new router for 'free' I would not recieve any compensation or gesture of good will.

What the hell is going on other than theft, taking my money for a service that isn't provided.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Disgraceful service & internet.

Go to solution

The "threat" of the £129.99 charge for an engineer is to advise you that if the fault is with your own equipment or internal wiring in your house you will be charged for that. This is because obviously BT can not be held responsible for that.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take two working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Josiedonegan,

It may be best if you get in touch with us mods. We'll speak with you about everything and see what we can do to help you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on 'contact the mods'.

Thank you

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Josiedonegan
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
The BT mods are really dedicated to resolving issues and also to providing a good level of customer care... Really happy with the resolve and wish I'd known about this forum months ago as would have saved me a lot of stress and anxiety
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Brilliant feedback @Josiedonegan. Thanks so much for posting that Smiley Very Happy

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”