cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickthedent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Disgusted by Customer service

Can anyone at BT please pick up this catalogue of problems and sort it out.

I have not been a BT customer for 5 years now as I moved into a slightly rural area and as such had a very poor broadband speed.

Finally high speed broadband has become available in my area. So I placed my order online ( via my microwave system provided by Boundless communications whom I can reccomend to anyone trying to get internet when off the grid).

I ordered this installation three weeks ago.  So I gave everyone lots of time to sort things. My wife was not happy I was using BT she wanted me to use Sky. However I convinced her the BT package was a good one and we went and ordered it.

I got an immediate email telling me the order had been accepted and that I could track the progress via an app. Sure enough the app confirmed that the equipment was to be posted to me and that an engineer had been confirmed to come and do an installation today betwee 8.00 and 1.00.

I then realised that the equipment was due to be delivered the day before installation. I thought this was a little tight however I am sure BT know best. As it was being delivered so late and as I knew that nobody would be in to take delivery , I contacted BT to ask them to deliver to my work address. This they arranged to do. However when I checked again on the site it showed a wrong address, so I once again contacted them and they assured me that the system had the correct address....

I then received an email a couple of days ago to say that the equipment had been dispatched. Once again the address was wrong so I contacted them again...

After lots of conversations later we managed to get the parcel redirected a day late to the correct address. Which now brings me back to my real complaint.

Installation between 8:00 and 1:00 today. Lots of cups of tea later, as I have taken the day off work and cannot leave the house . No engineer arrives.... 2:30 still no engineer. So once again I find myself on hold with the customer (non Service) department.

So sorry the gentleman tells me nobody has arranged for an engineer to come. Surley not says I, I can see it is all confirmed on the app. No I am sorry no engineer today we dont have anyone spare. You will have to take another day off work and maybe we will turn up then.

TOLD you so said my wife.

Does anyone have sky's number ?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Disgusted by Customer service

The BT Smarthub is designed and packaged so that it will fit through a standard sized letterbox. Nobody needs to be in to receive it. 

BT Infinity is a self install package unless BT have identified a problem that would require an engineer visit or you do not have a telephone line already installed.

If you have the Smarthub have you tried connecting it to see if your broadband is active?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48324

0 Ratings
Nickthedent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thank you for yourf reply. FYI this is a new installation. Hence the need for an engineer and when you order the BT package you get a home hub and a VT vision box, which needs to be signed for and will not fit through a letter box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

You never mentioned in your first post about getting the TV package, not all packages have the TV included in it.

By new installation I presume that you mean there is not a telephone line to your house.

0 Ratings
Nixcat
Message 5 of 12

Actually I had this problem - I had to collect mine from post office. Told the postman that BT said it should fit through letterbox and he laughed and said that maybe you should speak to the Post Office re design as it definitely doesn't!!

0 Ratings
Nickthedent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Once again thank you. But I am not quite sure what you are trying to contribute to my problem of poor service.
0 Ratings
Nixcat
Message 7 of 12

I'm having the same issues and was interested in their response.

0 Ratings
Nickthedent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Nixcat, sorry It was directed at gg30340. They don't seem to have read my post properly as I said I was not a BT customer and had ordered a package. Think they just like collecting posts, because I could not see anything relevant. Your answer was more relevant however because you are also having problems. Thanks 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

I was explaing how the system normaly works but as you obviously don't think I can offer you any further help I will end here.
0 Ratings
Nickthedent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

That is fine .As I said at the beginning of the post , Can anybody at BT sort this out for me ?
0 Ratings