Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RP88
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Disgusted

Well where do I start?

been a customer for nearly 2 years

Since late August this year, I have had nothing but problems, initially reporting that my internet had been running really slow (unlimited infinity 1 package) they couldn't find any faults, September time, internet went down for a couple of days and then started up again, really poor wifi and still couldnt find a fault on the system... following this, my youview box started having intermittent problems - running really slow, not recieving signal from the remote, replaced the batteries and still had the same issue, reported the problem, was told would get a new remote - didn't get anything!

I was away during the beginning of November, when I returned my youview box completely packed up, wouldn't load channels or internet channels, remote completely gone, internet down as well (router flashing orange) reported it online as was fed up calling and waiting on hold constantly - cost me more in calls! nothing had been done for about 2 weeks until i went on to the live chat only to be told it hadn't been logged! absolutely furious about this!

reported all the same problems as above, the internet had been sorted within 48hrs and was promised a refund but the wifi has been constantly dropping out - cant even go online with my xbox without it disconnecting, was sent a new remote and still had the same problem with it not changing channels and running really slow, was sent out a new top box and still having the same problems, not only that I still hadn't recieved a refund.

I have been going backwards and forewards with so many different people, i'm fed up with the constant run around, I have been paying for a service that doesnt work and hasn't worked since August time

I want to cancel my account but they are telling me that i will be charged even though nothing has been fixed for the last 4 months and i have paid for a broken service!

disgusting service, never seen anything like it in my life!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Disgusted

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Hi @RP88 Sorry for all the problems you have had with your services.

We will be happy to help you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
RP88
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

UPDATE

STILL NOT BEEN RESOLVED!

I AM NO LONGER CHASING BT, THEY CAN CHASE ME FOR PAYMENT

UTTERLY RIDICULOUS

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Did you fill in the "contact the mods" form?

0 Ratings
RP88
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Yes I did, i also spoke to someone on 18th Dec who said he would escalate my case further and that I would receive a call on 27th Dec... nothing has come of this at all.

Well and truly fed up with it now

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@RP88 I'm sorry this is still not sorted, I can see your complaint has been escalated and your case handler called but missed you on Thursday. I can see they have scheduled a call back for you tomorrow and I've emailed them to advise that you've posted.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi There,

By any chance have you tried a couple of things to help with your boradband at home?

I remember i had a similar issue when i lived at my parents and it was caused by the phone socket.

You mention that you lose nternet connection - is your homehub connected to the main socket or an extention?  If it is the main socket, do you have anything else plugged in it?  my recommendation would be to strip everything out and just have the BT  Home hub plugged in (and of course the phone).  If the socket has a connection for the fibre and a seperate one for the phone thats good, otherwise if it is one socket, change your filter if you can.

You also mention that you have wifi issues?  Have you looked at changing the wireless channel on the BT Home hub?  You can search online on how to do that. 

You also mention the TV service is bad - yes if you have internet problems, the internet channels wont work as well.  I find it my youview box has trouble on my internal home network it does slow down a lot, a reboot would fix that. Also, is your box connected via an ethernet / network cable or are you using homeplugs?  either should be ok, but i would use ethernet for the internet channels just incase you may have issues with your home electric.

Hope this helps!!

CG

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings