cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purplemonkeyspank
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Do BT Activate Your Broadband Earlier Than They Quote When Ordering?

Go to solution
I ask because I was told my phone line and bb will be up and running on the 26th but out of curiosity I tried calling the new phone number I was given and it rings. Does this mean my bb is is setup too?

The BT Smart Hub won't be here until tomorrow according to online order tracking so can't check that way. Is it possible BT Activated the bb as well or is the phone line just a fluke?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Do BT Activate Your Broadband Earlier Than They Quote When Ordering?

Go to solution

normally activation is on the day specified  looks like you phone is conencted but I would expect the broadband to be on the date stated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
purplemonkeyspank
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Aw. Thought I got lucky for a second there. Ah well. Thanks.
0 Ratings
purplemonkeyspank
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Well the broadband connection indeed active before the date specified on the 26th. The Smart Hub came today.

Plugged it in and vioala. Internet. Download speed is half of the "up to" 80Mb/s but that may be down to the DLM. Right?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Unlikely DLM is restricting speed

post stats from hub. Advanced settings then technical log information 

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
purplemonkeyspank
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Yeah checked that site well before ordering. Tried yesterday just to double check and it says up to 80Mb/s
https://imgur.com/0Cffz55

https://imgur.com/mNUAjre

That's the stats page. On Sky I remember there being more info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Speed seems low compared to  dslchecker. I think you need to wait until activation date. Either that or you have a problem with your line/wiring

0 Ratings
purplemonkeyspank
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Yeah I did have a faulty line with Sky. It's why I moved to Virgin. I'll wait until after the scheduled date of activation before letting BT know.

Thanks for taking the time so late on a weekend. Thanks again and have a good one.
0 Ratings