cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Do I have to use by hub

Do I need to have my bt homehub connected for line tests? I've just been upgraded to fibre 2 and have no speed changes at all.

I have a tp link archer as my router with no problems at all but I've had no speed increase when my line was "upgraded". I still only get 24meg

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Do I have to use by hub

If you only got 24M before, moving to fibre 2 won't make any difference.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Why would that be the case? My minimum guarantee is 28.

I had fiber 2 a few years ago and was getting 40mb consistently... Had to go down a tier due to financial reasons

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Because all moving to fibre 2 does is remove an artificial speed cap of 55M. Unless you were getting 55M previously with a capability of faster, you won't see an increase in speed.

If your car is only capable of 50 mph, moving a speed limit from 70mph to 80mph won't make it go any faster.

Message 5 of 14

That makes perfect sense. I'm curious now as to why bt have clearly lied to me then! Maybe to get me to sign a contract for 24 months.... Very sneaky.

I thought I may have been limited by by themselves. I know my line can get more suited as I used to get 40mbps.

Still a bit naughty to say I can have something when I can't

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Whilst changing package won't improve your speed, if you have a line problem there might be scope for improvement.

Can you post your hub stats and the result from the DSL checker please. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Message 7 of 14

Thanks....See the snaps 🙂

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 18.15.34.pngScreenshot 2020-07-08 at 18.16.06.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

As you can see from the stats, your line is capable of 46M but has been banded by DLM at 27.4M due to instability.

Is there any noise on your line with a quiet line test 17070?

Message 9 of 14

Just done the quiet line test and it is silent. I did it the other day a few times and noted no noise at all

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Is your router connected to the master socket or an extension? Your speed is below the handback threshold so you can report the fault.