cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Do I need a FTTC DLM Reset (Or why is my speed 22mbs on a perfect line supporting 60mbs)

After having a line fault for a very long time (Noisy line connection drops etc) I have rewired and replaced the internal extensions in my house which look to have caused the problem.

Now my speed is currently 22mbs down 7mbs up, however the checker and my router both report that the line at 641m in length to the cabinet is capable of supporting at least 60mbs down and 10mbs up, but after being in the "10 day" retraining /stability period with no errors or connection drops at all, my connection refuses to adjust to this better speed, and the BT Openreach checker also shows the tested speed at 22mbs even when the line is capable of more. My package is "Fibre One" and previous broadband suppliers before this line issue have managed to hit 60mbs.

According to the checker my speed is below the "DOwnstream Handback threshold" of 35mbs as well.

So BT and community - how do I get this sorted and restore my speeds back to what they should be?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Do I need a FTTC DLM Reset (Or why is my speed 22mbs on a perfect line supporting 60mbs)

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

the DLM will take longer than 10 days to reset after line problems causing numerous disconnections.  10 days was the norm for adsl but not for vdsl which is much longer

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Do I need a FTTC DLM Reset (Or why is my speed 22mbs on a perfect line supporting 60mbs)

Hello

Please see stats below, I have a Fritzbox plugged in currently so it gives more detail!

jcrocker355_0-1617283790391.png

jcrocker355_1-1617283803166.png

And the DSL Stats from the BT Checker

jcrocker355_2-1617283817405.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

your router stats show an attainable of 51mb not 60mb and even checker shows range to 57mb

your stats don't show any internet connection time not system time.

which exchange and cab are you on as you deleted from dsl stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I am on Exchange NUNEHAM (SMNHM) Cabinet 6.

Ive been looking at other ISP's Andrews and Arnold as im fed up with the lack of speed and for example quote 60mbs on the same line?

Granted BT's checker says 57mbs and yes i got the figure wrong, but its still a lot more than the 22mbs im getting now

Back in 2019, the last BT Enginner to visit put us on a a brand new line to cure (other issues) we had previously (The lines round here date back to the early 80s and in his words "Are not ducted and are in dire need of digging up and replacing" , and i have accepted it was in-house issues that caused the problem now, but my connection has been stable for 10 days now without any improvement and as can be seen from the checker and the stats, is very much capable of more.

Apart from that the only other issues I have are with the local RAF Airbase's ground weather radar disrupting large chunks of my 5ghz Wifi but there isnt much I can do about that! lol

JC

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Your instability has caused your line to be banded by DLM, if the line is now stable DLM will eventually relent and restore your speed. This could take a few weeks.

It will still be the same pair of wires with the same characteristics fed from the same DSLAM regardless  of provider.

0 Ratings