cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Do I need to take any action to get my Fibre 1 connection fully completed?

Go to solution

Following confirmation of availability of FTTP to my property I Ordered a Fibre 1 package in April which would switch me from my existing 8MB EE FTTC connection. The switch completed on 21/05 but, because Openreach are not currently doing home installs for ONTs etc all that has happened is for my old FTTC connection to be transferred to BT with the same 8MB speed.

In the absence of any information about what the process will now be for completing the actual install of fibre to my property I  am now in the dark as to whether I need to take any action myself or will my install be automatically picked up as the OR engineers work through the backlog.

Is anyone aware of the process. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Do I need to take any action to get my Fibre 1 connection fully completed?

Go to solution

It should automatically be picked up but for peace of mind I'd give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I will phone the FTTP team on Monday but I have done some investigation today and have a feeling that I will be forced to upgrade to Fibre 100 to get my Full Fibre installation. As far as I can tell, Fibre 1 is only a superfast connection that only comes via FTTC i.e it is not Full Fibre so I will not get my Openreach ONT install on that contract.

So, do I have to place a new order to upgrade to Fibre 100 and pay the extra £12pm to get the FTTP connection I thought  I had ordered? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

All BT packages can be delivered via FTTP even the 55/10 and 80/20. Talk to the fibre team.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Just thought I would add an update. Phoned the FTTP Team today and they had no record of any pending job to install Full Fibre. This would seem to indicate that my original order was not processed correctly via the on-line chat despite me fully detailing that a Full Fibre package was my requirement.

Anyway, all is well. The FTTP Team have organised an install with an 11th June appointment and for the 55/10 package as per the original order. I have email confirmation and the details show in my account.

Glad that I rang them. No queue on the phone as well!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Glad to hear you are sorted.

0 Ratings