cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaab
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Do ducts carry electricity supply to a FTTC cabinet?

I thought the ducts involved in fibre rollout were for the old copper and new fibre. Are they required to carry electricity as well?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Do ducts carry electricity supply to a FTTC cabinet?

Don't know, ask a fibre cable jointer.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

I think you will find that the electricity supply to the cabinets, are provided by the local electricity board, which can delay the installation.

Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

There is a separate duct in the base of the DSLAM that takes the electric supply from a local source out inthe pavement.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Gaab
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for answers. OR are telling me that they can't install electricity to a cabinet (that they have already place it  just doesn't get electricity) because of blocked ducts - they are either being incoherent or just plain BSing me?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

there have been many cases of not suitable connections to the electricity supply normally the supply being to far from a cabinet so yes it is possible
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

@john46 wrote:
there have been many cases of not suitable connections to the electricity supply normally the supply being to far from a cabinet so yes it is possible

John.

That would never be the case.

The distance to the nearest tee in point for the supply is worked out by the planners from day one.

So please don't guess.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

I stand corrected however this link may give a possible problems related to the posters question
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2012/11/uk-power-networks-refutes-bts-claim-that-its-a-monopoly...
0 Ratings