cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevexxxuk201
Beginner
Message 11 of 36

Re: Does BT have a monopoly on providing my Fibre Broadband service?

Go to solution

Yes BT prevents other provides from using fiber, we have asked sky, virgin and even EE  all who have said bt refuse to supply the connections stating there is not enough connections at the boxes yet they continue to connect up other customers and had no problem connecting us.  We have been told by openreach engineers there is no problem with connections, we have also been told by virgin that yes BT are preventing them from using the new fiber network even though its welsh taxpayers money that has paid for the service.. In a few months time my charges will rise from £29 to over £50 and there is nothing I can do about it as 4g reception is  limited here..  I will be asking lawyers to look into the restrictive practices with a view to compensation if I'm forced into paying double the price for my services when the current contract ends..   

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution

I would get your facts straight before wasting money on lawyers.

iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution
Steve, ( as you seem to be pretty ill informed and apparently willing to throw money away ) I’ve some magic beans for sale, interested ?
-Richie-
Expert
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

New build houses are mostly FTTP/H and Openreach allow any provider to use them (Including Virgin who once did but then stopped), it's just that some providers choose not to do so, Sky and TT are LLU which means they can charge what they want but LLU is ADSL not VDSL, as such they can't set their own prices and choose not to provide the service, that's not a monopoly, that just Sky and TT not making enough profit for them to consider it viable, although there are rumours that Sky will start offering an FTTP/H service in the future.

Sky, TT and EE do not offer FTTP/H because they choose not to, that's not a monopoly, that's each business making a decision not to offer a product, which is their right to do so, complaining to a provider who does support you seems odd, it's the ones who don't want your business who you should be speaking with.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

I would get your facts straight before wasting money on lawyers.

Lawyers a waste of money, perish the thought! The will tell you, for a fee, that they are worth every penny that they rip you off for.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution

@stevexxxuk201 you may wish to look at the FTTP providers  HERE.

If you are talking about FTTC again there is no monopoly. As regards EE, you do realise it is owned by BT Group as is Plusnet.

0 Ratings
stevexxxuk201
Beginner
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution
I have.. bt are refusing access for other providers even though those other provides want to connect us..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

Total and utter rubbish.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
garybs29
Contributor
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

A quick check on the openreach website provides a link with FTTP providers so have you tried any of those? I have actually just carried out a test with one of those choosing a random address from the postcode you provided & it was offering services, clearly whoever told you BT are blocking it are lying to you

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

Steve, keep us posted with the outcome of your meeting with a lawyer.

At what level were you told that the company you want to use would like to offer FTTP to you but somehow , even though it’s an Openreach fibre, BT are stopping them ?,  was it at a customer service representative level ( the people who answer the phone when you call ) or at board or executive level ?....perhaps before you accept any old ‘pony’ , you may want to check at a higher level , if you say it was at a high level then we know you are just a troll

0 Ratings