cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevexxxuk201
Beginner
Message 21 of 36

Re: Does BT have a monopoly on providing my Fibre Broadband service?

Go to solution

I have been in talks with vodafone and they informed me unoficialy that BT do not have enough connections in their boxes.  My brother in law  2 miles up the road has had the same problem with Sky, and  EE, and I know he tried others and after weeks of trying are told the same thing, "not enough connections in their little boxes for fiber. so its BT or nothing.  The fiber lines has been in for 18 months now and still people are being told the same.. There is no other supplier of fiber in this area and the only other choice is  very slow copper thats useless at 1.5MB/S..    If we want high speed broadband then its BT or nothing.. Any search to switch brings up the same, (not available in your area, only copper)  There are several people in  village now waiting to switch as deals are running out but BT wont allow any other provider into their cabinets for connections..  I believe what they are doing may be illegal and yes I will be taking legal advice (for free) when my contract expires and if it transpires that they are acting illegally then a claim will be entered..   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
garybs29
Contributor
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution

How can BT be taken to court over openreach equipment though? Seems to me this maybneed raisedbwith OR not BT

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

There are only a few FTTP providers, you were given the link earlier but incase you missed it, it's Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) providers

You can choose any of them, all offer FTTP which is what is available at your address, you'll notice the other providers you have said are 'blocking' them are not on that list, instead they choose to mislead you,  try getting it in writing that BT are blocking you and I bet you can't.

stevexxxuk201
Beginner
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

Open each state there are ample connections so its absolutely a BT attempt to block other providers..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution

You have said I have been in talks with Vodafone and they informed me unofficially that BT do not have enough connections in their boxes.".

Who were you in talks with and why were you told this "unofficially".  If this scurrilous act is indeed happening why were they not able to tell you that "officially" and why have they not taken any action to have it remedied.  Could it be because there is no basis in fact or in other words they were lying to you.

As has been pointed out, it is Openreach that own the infrastructure not BT ISP so it follows that it is Openreach who in your words have "not enough connections in their little boxes for fiber. so its BT or nothing."  If there are not enough connections how are there apparently plenty for BT ISP and why have none of the other ISPs taken Openreach to court?

Is there a particular reason that you are waiting until your contract expires before you take your "free legal advice".  If you are sure of your "facts" and the "unofficial" information supplied by your source at Vodafone why are you not acting now.  Out of interest could you explain what your claim from BT, who have no control over "the little boxes for fibre", would be for and I don't mean the amount of money.

I look forward to hearing how you get on so please keep this thread updated.

0 Ratings
stevexxxuk201
Beginner
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution

I think my brother in law has a letter from Sky after they were refused connection from BT who again used the **bleep** excuse of lack of connections..I'll see if he still has it...  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution

Why do you keep referring to BT. It is Openreach that deal with the ISPs not BT!

0 Ratings
stevexxxuk201
Beginner
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution

As I have said it is a **bleep** excuse from BT, the openreach engineers have confirmed that.. there are ample connections..   Secondly, I think the fact that no one in this area who has had the new fiber role-out to my knowledge has been able to get any other provider other than BT and we are talking about a huge rural area, that fact speaks for its self..   

0 Ratings
stevexxxuk201
Beginner
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution

Openreach and BT are the same company...  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

No they are not.

They are members of the same group of companies but they are separate companies just as B&Q and Screw fix are  in the same group, Kingfisher PLC or Premier Inn, Beefeater and Brewers Fayer are part of the Whitbread Group but they are all separate companies