cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dekenba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 82

Re: Does anybody use the Draytek Vigor 2750n?

Go to solution

BT seems to have sorted out my line and I'm now getting solid speeds on my Draytek Vigor 2750n, so it looks like it was BT's fault & not the router.

0 Ratings
python
Contributor
Message 52 of 82

Go to solution

Could anyone tell me if you can use the Netgear FS608 10/100 switch with the Draytek please. I use the switch to connect my Nas drive and HP Photosmart Premium which are set to fixed isp addresses.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
Cleric
Contributor
Message 53 of 82

Go to solution

@python wrote:

Could anyone tell me if you can use the Netgear FS608 10/100 switch with the Draytek please. I use the switch to connect my Nas drive and HP Photosmart Premium which are set to fixed isp addresses.

Probably should be a new thread Smiley Wink

I use the Netgear GS108 8-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with the Draytek as I prefer the metal chasis but essentially the same except for Gigabit.

Just plugs straight into Draytek 2750n and the rest as they say is that it does it stuff - your point is?

0 Ratings
hoolay88
Contributor
Message 54 of 82

Go to solution

Two quick questions,

1. does the Draytek 2750n replace both the OR modem and your HH3, so all you need is the Draytek 2750n?

2. does the Draytek 2750n have the option for DMZ?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 55 of 82

Go to solution

hoolay88,

Yes to 1 and 2.:)

But you need to login to the 2750n`s interface screen in admin mode to get some of the options.

hoolay88
Contributor
Message 56 of 82

Go to solution

nice, i think this might just have get get purchased

0 Ratings
carlcdc
Message 57 of 82

Go to solution

hi guys,

so i take people do use the Draytek Vigor 2750n 🙂

my question is anyone out there using it on the option 2 80 / 20 mb version of bt infinity. I've seen some results from google searches of problems with them connecting full speed. but I'm thinking in some cases that may just be that the person trying to set it up doesn't know what there doing.

I'm an it guy, and i have the option 2 business package at home. don't get me started on the stupid hoops bt made me jump through. just to get a line without a usage limit. needless 2 say that, and static ip's and that's why I'm on the business version.

in my experience with bt business tech department so far. I'm not sure some of them even know what the Internet is. 🙂 but i live in hope it will get better one day.

within about a day. the bt business hub went back in it's box. what a useless piece of kit that was... and i started to use a netgear prosafe FVS336G << i just had it lying around. all well and fine once i had pulled the blood out of the stone. ( that was bt business tech department. ) for some essential settings.

that worked fine. but the throughput not above 40mbs, so whats the point of having the faster line... that's what i asked myself. so i re-tasked one of my esxi boxes here, and got clear os. ( a linux firewall disto ) working as my gateway router instead. and that was perfect best throughput i could hope for. after all it was a xeon dual core hp ml110 just for my firewall router.

and now I've just got home the silly bt openreach echo life box... well it's had it I'm surprised its not on fire lol 🙂 i need to re-boot it like every 30 mins or so.

i know there will be those out there who just say get bt to send you a new one. ( umm,,, well NO... ) i do not want something that is not man enough for the job. i don't want to have this problem every other month. i just want something that will work. i can set and forget, that works and my previous experience of draytek's. there either very very good. or there are all sorts of problems.

so is anyone using the Draytek Vigor 2750n on option 2. if so what's it like, have you had any problems with it. oh and whats the wan - lan throughput like.

thanks

Carl

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 58 of 82

Go to solution

carkdc,

I have used the draytek 2750n since Aug last year and it has been fine.

Started off on the 40/10 Infinity 2 unlimited package,am now on the 80/20 Infinity 2 upgrade.

It is a good modem/router combine but cost about £160.

Setting it up is not hard for basic use,but if like me you need more functions,they are all there.

But like all modems,it is still at the mercy of BTs DLM system if reset too often,but that has nothing to do with the draytek.

It has a very good QoS setting section,and port forwarding is not a problem.

Apart from normal outages,mine has never needed a reset in almost a year and is always online for me.

As stated,the IP profile depends on the DLM and line quality to the cab etc,so the max attainable rate up and down depends on those factors.

But in my case max attainable rate down/up is 83654/38000 [83/38Mbps approx] on a 17a PPPoE line.

Hope this helps you decide.

BTW,I recommend using cat6 ethernet,as it has 4 1Gbps ports,have not used the wireless section as I don`t ever use wifi.Also you can plug USB devices into it`s 2 USB ports.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 59 of 82

Go to solution

Like Ironman123 I have had months of stable connections with my DV2750n. Rock solid sync at 79984/19999 with attainable rate quoted at 90202/25176. System up time is normally measured in weeks and the WAN only drops when BT refresh the IP address which last happened 2 days back. It is useful to see the VDSL stats when there is a problem which thankfully is very rare as the router sits there doing its job without any issues.

The throughput is not limited by the router as speed tests will show up to 76 Mbps down. The 4 gigabit LAN ports are useful but its wireless also works well with my phone and ipad. If the coverage is not enough you can buy higher gain aerials to improve it. Only issue with the wifi is you cannot seem to use the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands at the same time. It does have many useful functions including the ability to have multiple SSIDs which can be isolated if required for a guest network. 

Overall a good buy if you need the functions it offers.

0 Ratings
carlcdc
Message 60 of 82

Go to solution

Hey,

thanks a lot for your quick replies.

i think that has put my mind at ease that the draytek 2750 will do what i require it too. Cost is not an issue i just want something that will work. i seriously considered a Cisco 1941, and VDSL interface card. but that was a moment of extreme frustration. and the cooling fans would probably have driven me crazy after a week.

i too like iornman123 will not be using wireless but thanks Infinitechris for the wireless info. I take it you can turn the wireless off if you have no use for it, how about disconnecting the aerials altogether?

was a little un-willing to make the purchase considering the amount of problem forum posts there are about the 2750n. but the fact you guys have it working. i know i will be able to make it work, after all how much harder than programing a cisco switch can it be.

either of you guys bound a static ip. to one of the ports on the draytek, and if so any problems or is that not the kind of things you guys do?

thanks again. 🙂

0 Ratings