cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 71 of 82

Re: Does anybody use the Draytek Vigor 2750n?

Go to solution
Do you have any settings recommendations to get the best out of the 2750n Ironman? Cheers
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 72 of 82

Go to solution

Quinny01,

That depends on what you need,because in my opion the most usefull settings are the QoS settings,which you can set to give each protacol that you use a prority setting,that way no one protacol hogs all the bandwidth.

But I quess it`s a matter of choice really as most people just want to have a port 80 [WAN] port at max.

But one tip is to turn off the QoS section in your windows internet settings box,as those settiings overide any router settings.

And in your adapter card settings [advanced] the large send offload choice [if there] should be disabled no matter what router or modem/router you use,as this is will slow down all modern internet connections if enabled.

0 Ratings
ianm42
Aspiring Expert
Message 73 of 82

Go to solution

@Quinny01 wrote:
Do you have any settings recommendations to get the best out of the 2750n Ironman? Cheers

Nothing special really.

I have two wireless networks active (both hidden) one for my devices and a guest one with isolate LAN so they can't see my devices.

I have VPN link to work, which is how I am replying to you now.

Did mess around with bandwidth limiting of guest network, it works, but not using now as at 80Mbs guest wireless is hardly going to be a bandwidth hog.

I use the Wake on LAN bit to wake my PC's/Servers at home when I need access from work.

I have multiple port forwarding to some of my internal LAN devices so I can access externally.

I have enabled remote management so I can fiddle from work.

All just works 24/7.

0 Ratings
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 74 of 82

Go to solution

Cheers for all your help gents... it is working very well.

0 Ratings
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 75 of 82

Go to solution

Just another quick one gents...

I needed to turn on uPNP for my Xbox and PS3 for it to handle the NAT types in certain games as open..

Now... I thought uPNP was just a option to turn it ON or OFF! Why does it ask for download speed and upload speed?

Draytek.png

How do I know how much to add here?

Thanks in advance for your help gents..

GT

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 76 of 82

Go to solution

This is not an easy one to answer,because it depends on what uPNP [plug and play] devices you are using and what level of bandwidth you wish to allocate to them,the defaults might look low but as PNP is only passing port info mostly [so you don`t have to do it manually by port forwarding],in my opion the defaults should be fine.

But you can double them if you have a lot of uPNP devices that use your network or link to the internet.

Some game servers use PNP [ for example to make it easier to join them without having to forward lots of port info].

And also if you for example had a web drive [USB] that could be a PNP device that maps through the uPNP router section to connect to your local network etc.

To sum up if your devices work with no problems,just use the defaults.

BTW,I notice that you have "Auto Logout" on,it logs you out of the router pages after 5 minutes,so if you are changing settings ,setting it to "Off" every time your log into the router config pages is recommended.

0 Ratings
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 77 of 82

Go to solution
Good Evening Gents, Is it possible to limit upload bandwidth to a specific device or LAN port....I would like to if possible give my PS3 it's own upload speed so it can not choose me as host.? Extreme host lag on a specific FPS is driving me bonkers.... Thanks in advance Quinny
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 78 of 82

Go to solution

Try bandwidth limits page.

You can add device IPs to the list and limit the Tx [upload] and Rx [download] allotted to that device on your network.

You only need the middile section for policing certain IPs,the other setting govern global settings.

Pic below.

bandwidth_limit.jpg

0 Ratings
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 79 of 82

Go to solution

Morning Ironman... Once again thank you for your help.

Do this method limit the upload and download ammount per session or will it limit the upload and download speed for the device ?

I would like my ps3 to have no more than say 5mb download speed and 0.2mb upload speed so my connection is not acceptable enough to be selected as game host.

Cheers again,

Quinny

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 80 of 82

Go to solution

Sorry Ironman... ignore that last question.

Your advice has worked a treat..!

Thanks again for your valued input.

Cheers,

Quinny

0 Ratings