cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neal1971
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Does anybody within BT know whats going on with Infinity?

I'm sorry to say this, but with all the issues people who have BT Infinity seem to be having (including myself) I have come to the conclusion that nobody knows whats going on or what to do to fix it.

I know the adverse weather the UK has seen over the festive period has caused a few issues...but it seems no one has a clue to why everybody seems to be having issues with speeds dropping well below the 16Mbps threashold...I've just done another test and for my 65Mbps rated line and the download rate was 4.5Mbps...other tests dropped well below 2Mbps over the last couple of weeks and even while Technical Support were taling to me on the phone...a test rate of 0.02Mbps download rate was recorded.

Technical support team only seem interested in trying to charge £150 call out fee to send an engineer around to your property to blame your home equipment (just to justify the charge) but seeing the volume of the problem...the fault must lay within the Service/Data Centres, Exchanges and/or the general infrastructre.

Another annoyance is with the main BT Website: the Infinity Speed test tool doesn't work...it doesn't recognise my phone number, therefore cannot match my details to run the test correctly; the 'My BT' part of the website is still showing incorrect call package...despite being notified of this countless number of times over the last 6 months, and the stage 3 TAP test of the BT Wholesale Speed Test still doesn't work due to incorrect DNS settings being supplied by the BT Servers.

All in all a poor performance from BT as a whole...and really unacceptable.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Does anybody within BT know whats going on with Infinity?

i am in scotland i cant fault it at all my speeds have been perfect sometimes even higher than should be great service 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 15

No-one will be charged if the problem is not their equipment.

0 Ratings
Neal1971
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Well an engineer was supposed to be booked for this morning between 8am and 1pm...didn't turn up...and not contact from BT to say the appointment had been cancelled/rearranged
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 15

If an engineer fails to attend a booked appointment compensation of £45 is due - see http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Neal1971
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

I didn't know that...how do you go about claiming it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

fundog67
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

I just posted on another regarding your concerns, i am due to get the service in march and have been waiting gleefully for over 2 years since they announced my exchange was getting done. ( phase 10b)

But now i am thinking of keeping my adsl line with a stable 5 meg connection, well it was when i was with sky, i changed to bt just before xmas and was sent the new home hub 5, been hopeless since i got it,, drops out at least 3-4 times a week and some times you can triple that, Does anyone think it might be a problem with the hubs ? or is it just a poorly delivered and over subscribed service ?

Jim

0 Ratings
Neal1971
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Thanks I'll sort that out tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Neal1971
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Fundog67...no it's not an issue with the home hubs as far as I can tell...but there does seem to be quite a few issues with the HomeHub 5. I received the HomeHub 4 but have only used it for the initial setup and testing...I use another far more configurable and secure router.
0 Ratings