cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Does the Smart Hub reboot itself if it detects a local outage?

Infinity 1 (or so I thought - looks like it's now called Fibre 2) -  FTTC

The BT Smart Hub has been randomly rebooting occasionally over the last few weeks. We lose broadband, so I check the router and find it is rebooting. Last night we lost broadband, I checked as usual, found it was rebooting - more than once - so gave up, but this morning looked at istheservicedown

FloFosterJenkins_0-1593607143187.png

which suggests to me that the Smart Hub reboots if it detects a problem. I was thinking it might be a failing Hub, and maybe ordering a replacement.  This would be a disaster in online Bridge tournaments that are time critical.

Should I play safe, and order a new Hub? Or is it just the local service playing up?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Does the Smart Hub reboot itself if it detects a local outage?

have you checked your phone line for noise?  

anything near hub that could be causing it to drop connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you imjolly.
The phone line seems good to me. Or do you mean a technical test that I should conduct? I've just tried 17070 #2 and heard nothing.
No Christmas lights or anything like that near the router.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

do you have any powerline adapters connected which may cause problems

if not have you tried a factory reset using recessed button on back and holding till lights flash  if that still does help then phone 150 and see after all you have done you can get a hub replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 7

Several neighbours on BT are reporting the same issue. Do you know if the Smart Hub is designed to reboot in such circumstances?
I'm wondering if the local exchange is creaking under the Covid-19 induced strain.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

hub will reboot if line problem like noise otherwise should maintain connection  number of users should not cause a reboot

Message 7 of 7

" ... if line problem like noise..." and local outage or related problem at the exchange?

0 Ratings