cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Don't get BT. Complete waste of space.

A few days ago an Openreach "Engineer" was up on the telephone pole that serves the houses on my street. Ever since then my broadband hasn't been working properly. I get disconnected every 5 mins and when it stays on for about 30 mins I sync at anywhere from 6-32mbps when I am paying for 80mbps and normally get 80mbps until it disconnects again.

I phoned to report the fault and the agent said the 'offline' team would investigate it and it would take 5 days before I would get a response.

When I went to look at the telephone pole next doors and my lines have been damaged and they are all twisted together where the other people on the street aren't. Now because they are twisted together a branch of a tree has got stuck and made things worse.

I phoned to report this and they said there is nothing they can do, I will have to wait 5 days for the offline team to investigate the fault instead of getting someone to come straight to the pole to fix it.

I am paying £60 a month for phone, broadband and 4K tv with all the premium channels and I cannot watch or record anything but basic terrestrial TV.

Instead of wasting 5 days investigating a fault why not just listen to what I am freaking saying and come and look at the telephone pole but oh no they can't do that they have procedures to follow.

Complete waste of space.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Don't get BT. Complete waste of space.

Is your phone working, and is there any noise on it?

Openreach may be very busy at the moment.

0 Ratings
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

No it's not working properly, the light keeps going off when it loses connection.

BT have done their silly tests and said they can't see any faults and passed it to the offline team.

I wouldn't mind if it was a problem out of their control but an Openreach Engineer was up on the pole right before the problems started and now a branch is making it worse. I don't care if they are busy, they caused the fault they can fix it.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

You were asked it your phone was working properly but didn't answer that I don't think.

Your problem is of OpenReach's causing not BT's.

Report it as a phone line issue not a broadband issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I did answer that. I have a BT Phone, like the router, the blue light on the front goes off when I lose the phone line connection.

OpenReach is still controlled by BT until they are forced to split so technically it IS BTs fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Openreach are part of BT group. The company BT whom you pay your bills to, have absolutely no control over, or really have anything to do with Openreach.

You need to report a line fault to 151 without mentioning broadband.

Once the phone line is fixed, the broadband will automatically be sorted.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I've already told them about the phone line as I said, they ran some tests and were a complete waste of time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

As posted report an intermittent phone fault with no mention of broadband in the call not mentioning broadband is very important as that will place the fault in the correct work queue for an Openreach engineer
0 Ratings