cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnb99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Downgrade to ADSL

When I signed up to BT fibre the estimated speeds for fibre and standard adsl were very similar. But now the latest information is that my estimated fibre speeds are 0.1 to 1mb and adsl upto 4mbps. It looks like no new fibre orders are being accepted on my line. My actual speed is just over the guaranteed 1.5mb, but we are now struggling with streaming services.

The best solution for me would be to downgrade to adsl but I still have 9 months to run on my current contract and i do not want to be hit with heavy cancellation charges. Do you think that vodafone would downgrade me for free or if not possible allow me to cancel the contract without penalty?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
johnb99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Downgrade to ADSL

Sorry meant to say would BT downgrade me for free!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

if you are well into your contract then unlikely unless speed well below the estimated range tou received at outset

if hh6 then post stats  advanced settings then technical log information

also enter phone number and post results  delete number but leave exchange and cab    https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
johnb99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Here are the btwholesale results from last year followed by the current results:

adsl checker 2017.jpg
adsl checker 1.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Can you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

It's also worth noting your estimated ADSL download is Upto 2.5Mb not 4Mb.

0 Ratings
johnb99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

+088047+1710007438_1486514_information.jpg

0 Ratings
johnb99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

This may be better noticed some values changed in saved version.

Capture1.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

So from stats you are within estimated range and probably similar to adsl.  Not sure you would get to downgrade free. Depends on saving if move to adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Speak to the retentions team on 0800 800 030

0 Ratings