cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matg
Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Download Speed Dropped Over last few weeks 78, 68, 58Mbps now 56, Upload remains at 19Mbps

Hi all,

Over the last few weeks my speed on a almost weekly basus has drop from 78Mbps to 68Mbps to 58Mbps and is now at 56Mbps. My upload speed has remained the same at 19.53Mbps.

I'm now below Range B Low of 60Mbps as on the chart below for download.

What could be the problem and how do I look at getting it resolved as I had a solid speed of 78Mbps for weeks on end.

Whole test shows this result and message, Iver rerun but I'm nto sure what Im menat to do next.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
matg
Contributor
Message 2 of 27

Re: Download Speed Dropped Over last few weeks 78, 68, 58Mbps now 56, Upload remains at 19Mbps

A reply would be nice 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 27

Re: Download Speed Dropped Over last few weeks 78, 68, 58Mbps now 56, Upload remains at 19Mbps

Phone up and report a fault. You are below the estimated speeds for your line.

matg
Contributor
Message 4 of 27

I feared it would be a support call! Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Hi matg,

Thanks for posting. If you haven't made the call I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
matg
Contributor
Message 6 of 27

Still the problem continues perhaps its crosstalk:

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis

How can I sort this?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 27

Do you have a Homehub5?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 8 of 27

Hi matg,

What did the mods sort out for you ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
madasahat
Message 9 of 27

Funny you have noticed this I am/have the same isuue. It seems to have started after I took out a new contract?! Did you get this sorted?

0 Ratings
matg
Contributor
Message 10 of 27

Nothing sorted yet, but I only just contacted them. THought I'd leave it a few more weeks to see if it improved, it has not.

Also I get fairly frequent disconnects, on ADSL I could be conencted without interrruption for 30, 40 or ever 50+ days on Infinity the max I have seen is 6 days.

0 Ratings