cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leemcewan
Message 1 of 5

Download Speed Dropping.

Ok so I have tried BT Help.  With there team in Liverpool and abroad.  Had an engineer out today how said my line was all ok.

He also phoned up to reset my ports. (Basically said it would skip the 7 day settling time)

Basically I should be getting around 35-38Mbps.  Which can happen sometimes during the day.  Sometimes not.  Mostly however if in the evenings or weekends.  I am getting around 2Mbps-10Mbps

My router shows:15031800.jpg

My Wholesale test shows:15031800.jpg

Basically I am at my wits end.  This has been going on for over 2 weeks and no-one can help me.  I am an avid gamer who downloads quite a lot of games.  Plus they update reguarly on steam.

Whats my way ahead from here.

Note.  There tests where done wired to my router with wifi off.  There are not cable runs off of the main box in.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Download Speed Dropping.

What exchange are you on?

Looks like classic contention.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
leemcewan
Message 3 of 5

Im 981m from my box in helensburgh if thats what you mean.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Please can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page? The last test needs to be done at peak times so the results are stored on the BT server.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

Its most likely congestion, which usually gets sorted, but the information you provide, can be passed onto one of the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @leemcewan,

It does sound like congestion. I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on the network side of things. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings