cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Download Speeds

I wasn't aware the c50 needed a modem to get stats, thanks

I guess that decides it for me, I will swap over to the BT hub I have and get the line stats posted, have 3 other people in the household so will have to find the right time

I'll certainly look and feel like and idiot if it shows something...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

@saltyrodney wrote:

Crosstalk is a term I've seen a lot and it backs up my point in the last post, more connections to the exchange meaning less to go round I understand (think I understand that right?) but that shouldn't be at the detriment of others who are paying for the same product they always have been

No, that's not it at all. Simply put, crosstalk is when the signal in one pair of wires interferes with the signal in another pair of wires in a cable. The more customers in a cable the more likelihood of crosstalk occurring. That is a huge simplification of a complex telecoms phenomenon.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

@saltyrodney wrote:

I wasn't aware the c50 needed a modem to get stats, thanks

Does that mean you don't have a modem? In which case the c50 should have the stats somewhere although when I had a TD-W9980 the stats were pretty sparse.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

No, you've got it completely wrong. Crosstalk doesn't happen at the exchange and doesn't mean less to go around.

Crosstalk is a disturbance caused by the electric or magnetic fields of one telecommunication signal affecting a signal in an adjacent circuit. In an telephone circuit, crosstalk can result in your hearing part of a voice conversation from another circuit. The phenomenon that causes crosstalk is called electromagnetic interference (EMI). It can occur in microcircuits within computers and audio equipment as well as within network circuits. The term is also applied to optical signals that interfere with each other.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

I have an EchoLife hg612 modem plugged into the Archer C50

Just trying to get the stats now but cant seem to get a read on the modem using these instructions

https://kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612stats_setup.htm

Cant seem to get the stats viewer to connect to the modem

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Have you unlocked the modem?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

I haven't no, will look into that though I only hope my brain is capable

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

I'm pretty sure something has happened, my speeds were dropping very low (less than 5Mbps) yesterday afternoon after speaking to customer service and now its consistently around 45

With regards to unlocking my modem, following the instructions on the Kitz website and I can't seem to manage it

If I have any problems again will be sure to have another look but I'm happy as long as I get these speeds

Thanks for all the help

0 Ratings