Hi, I've been having connection issues since around xmas time, with frequent dropouts happening, usually in the evening. I've now atemped to raise a few faults and they've been a mixed bag - often the diagnostics say there is no issue with the line despite me having no connection (orange hub), a couple of times it came up with an external fault in the phone line which has then been "resolved". The most recent time this happened was the 10th, at which point I noticed my dowload speed was 8Mbps and upload 9Mbps once the connection returned (they could have been lower for longer, I just happened to run speed tests at this point). For reference, when I signed up my maximum speed was estimated to be around 56Mbps (I believe, it was 2 years ago so I could be wrong) and the minimum about 40Mbps. Checking again just now and it says I should get 47-67Mbps with a minimum of 41Mbps. Previously my speed test results have been generally 40+Mbps.
Since Sunday my connection has been no higher than 10-11Mbps whenever I've checked, yet the BT speed checker says this is fine and my connection to the network is "good", despite this being a quarter of my "minimum" speed of 41Mbps. I've just had a call from BT saying my latest fault has been fixed and the fault is now closed, however I just ran the speed test again and got 10.7Mbps
Solved! Go to Solution.
can you post stats from router if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk
try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone
can you post results from dslchecker?
Hi, I'm at work at the moment so will have to do the router stats and quiet line test later, but here's the dsl checker results:
Your connection time is very short. Is that due to router dropping connection or manual reset?
have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter to see if that improves stability by eliminating master socket faceplate and internal wiring from causing problems. This applies even if you have a filtered master socket
your vey high noise margin suggest many resets/drops in connection and unstable line
No drops for the last couple of days, but still stuck at 10.7Mbps.
Makes me wonder how long I've stuck getting a quarter of the speed I was promised (and indeed used to get).
Well look at that, just ran another diagnostic choosing the "slow broadband" option this time and once again "we've found an external fault" and it's opened a new ticket. Clearly there is a problem that is NOT getting fixed when they close the tickets...
It'll take longer than a couple of days for DLM to relent.