cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: Download speed dropped to a quarter of my "minimum" speed. Speed checker says my speed

Go to solution
Is that what's going on then? Is it ever going to relent if they never find this line fault that is proving so elusive?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 26

Re: Download speed dropped to a quarter of my "minimum" speed. Speed checker says my speed

Go to solution

the DLM will never bring your speed back up as long as your line is unstable and keeps dropping conenction   you will need weeks of stable connection not just a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

Ok, frustrating but I can accept that. However... how am I supposed to get weeks of stable connection when BT can't find the fault? The latest fault that was generated yesterday by the diagnostics tool ("unable to make phone calls" I think  was what it came up with) has disappeared from my account. Not closed, but no longer showing as open either. Simply disappeared.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

@mrt1981 is the land line working at the moment? Are you able to make and receive calls ok? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO, I'm at work at the moment so can't check but I tried the quiet line test a couple of days ago and it was completely silent. The line currently appears to be working as I am able to log in to my IP camera (and can see the hub light is blue).

I admit I was a bit curious why the last fault detected was "loss of phone" when the phone line was working at the time, but not exactly surprised given that it's not been detecting faults when I didn't have a connection, and is detecting faults when the connection is up.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

@mrt1981 I think we'd be best running a few tests for you to see if there are in fact any faults on the line.  I'll send you a private message with details on how you can contact the mod team.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution
@NeilO Thanks, PM sent.
0 Ratings
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

@NeilO a bit more info - just had a call from an openreach engineer who was sent to check the line (guess that fault is still active but just not showing on my account for some reason). He said he couldn't find any problem between the house and exchange and wanted to check the internal wiring. Unfortunately no one is in today, so he said he'll leave the fault open and I'd need to book an appointment through BT

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

The mods will take care of that for you.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

@mrt1981 I can see my colleague @PaddyB has picked up your case and has been in touch. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings