cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: Download speed dropped to a quarter of my "minimum" speed. Speed checker says my speed

Go to solution
He has indeed, thanks! Looking into multiple issues found.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Re: Download speed dropped to a quarter of my "minimum" speed. Speed checker says my speed

Go to solution

Hi @mrt1981,

Thank you for speaking to me yesterday. It looks like wholesale have carried out some work yesterday. The line is testing okay at the moment.

Your Broadband speed has been banded by the DLM. I've requested that this is reset by wholesale and we should see an improvement over the next 5 days as long as the connection remains stable.

At the moment there is no need for an engineer to visit. I'll keep an eye on your connection and I'll follow up with you again during the week.

In the meantime, if you notice any issues with the stability please post back.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution
@PaddyB thanks, much appreciated. As I mentioned I'll be away this week but fingers crossed things are looking better when I get back
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution
@PaddyB I've just got back home so quick update on the latest:

- Had a call from an openreach engineer on Tuesday basically reminding me the ticket was still live and sitting in their queue and asking me to make an appointment via BT for them to visit asap.

- Remotely ran a speed test later that day and it was still showing 10.7 Mbps

- Had an email from BT yesterday saying the fault was now fixed and I may need to reset my hub and wait 3 days for the speed to improve.

- Checked speed again tonight and it was showing 29 Mbps, so still below the "minimum" but a big improvement. I guess it should continue to improve over the next few days? I haven't reset the hub as I wasn't sure if that might trigger the DLM again?
0 Ratings
mrt1981
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution
@PaddyB I've checked the connection a few times over the weekend as requested and it's currently sitting at 37.4 with the highest I've seen being about 39.

The hub is showing the sync speed as 47.5 although it looks like I've had a few more disconnects in the last few days.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @mrt1981,

Thank you for posting back and for taking my call today. I happy to hear that you noticed an improvement. I've ran a few checks and the connection is looking good at the moment.

There were a number of different issues affecting your connection that have now been repaired. There was a line fault as well as a capacity issue at the exchange. The line fault has been repaired and wholesale have moved your connection over to a less congested circuit. I'm sorry if the repair took a lot longer than expected.

Please keep an eye on your connection over the next few day. If you notice any issues, please post back and I'll take a look at this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings