cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeonMilne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Download speed goes from fast to slow.

So for the past 2 days, my internet has been having weird spikes. It will do its regular speed when downloading things (about 3.5 mb/s) to being so slow it's pointless to even download (downwards of a few bytes a second). I've tried the obvious stuff of resetting the router, trying both wired and wireless, keeping the router off for a set amount of time and turning it on etc. Is there any way to solve this issue without having to call an engineer to the house?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Download speed goes from fast to slow.

run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LeonMilne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Download Speed (Mbps): 35.40

Upload Speed (Mbps): 5.15

Ping Latency(ms): 30.13 

Those are the results that came up when I ran BTspeedtester.

0 Ratings
peepsUK
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

That's weird, same thing started happening to me from last night. When I run speedtests on any site it always comes back at what I would expect, but realtime downloads are just shocking (see below). BT said it must be something to do with my setup... but I never used to have this problem and this is happening regardless of the download source e.g. downloads on steam, downloads on my PS4 etc..

speeds.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@LeonMilne wrote:

Download Speed (Mbps): 35.40

Upload Speed (Mbps): 5.15

Ping Latency(ms): 30.13 

Those are the results that came up when I ran BTspeedtester.

You should have then had the choice to run the diagnostic test

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings