Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 44

Re: Download speed has reduced

@rta2000wrote:

Broadband Availability.jpgAs this shows, my 'Clean' rate is now a max of 53.6 where I was getting around 75.

If it was Crosstalk, the 'Clean' figure should still be the same and just my 'Impacted' figure should have dropped, but it isn't. That means Cabinet capacity [or bandwidth per user] has been limited directly, rather than upgrading the cabinet to cope with extra demand.

I think you may have misread the article that I linked to, try again.  Clean & impacted have nothing to do with crosstalk.  If anything increasing cabinet capacity is more liekley to increase crosstalk as there will be more lines.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 44

@glenhill68wrote:

Just to also add that after checking now, my stay fast guarantee has dropped to 24mb as well and this always use to be 35mb.  Are BT constantly lowering your speed and expectations,  I would like to think speeds should be increasing.

It is not BT lowering expectations, it is the reality of the change in line characteristics.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 44

The figure to expect has lowered though, so that sort of is lowering expectations.

i appreciate the lines characteristics may have changed, but it’s up to BT to mitigate the negative effects.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 34 of 44

My Speed went back up after i complained, not sure that fits the "line characteristics" scenario.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 44

@mjrw85wrote:

The figure to expect has lowered though, so that sort of is lowering expectations.

i appreciate the lines characteristics may have changed, but it’s up to BT to mitigate the negative effects.

Well, have it your way, maybe you can wave your magic wand and overcome the laws of physics for BT then.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 44

It is not BT Retail who control the information shown by the dslchecker but it is openreach. The information has to be realistic as decreed by OFCOM and has to take into account speed actually received by customers in the appropriate area.  So as more people are added to a street cabinet the more the connections speeds are affected by crosstalk hence openreach must adjust the  dslchecker results to reflect the new speeds or fall foul of the OFCOM directive 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 37 of 44

I don’t think a magic wand is required to have internet faster than 40Mbit. I understand crosstalk is a thing, but it can’t be the undoing of BT. Did they not anticipate it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 44

They have vectoring that can cancel out crosstalk, which would give me my original speeds back. No evidece of this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 44

Crosstalk can be eminated by vectoring. I see no evidence of this.
Increased cabinate use will increase crosstalk, yes, gut only if they've not botheed with vectoring, With vectorin and the fact that I an so close to the cabinet, my speed should stll be in the 75Mbps bracket and not 46.75
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 44

Message deleted. Let's try again.

Fact: BT contracted with me to to provide 'Superfast Fibre 2'

Fact: BT continue to charge me for Superfast Fibre 2

Fact: BT's own website now does not give me the option of Superfast Fibre 2

Fact: BT knew that they were going to remove the Superfast Fibre 2 service on this line yet still contracted for it.

Fact: I am paying for a service that BT never had any intention of supplying

Fact: They knew at the time of the contract that what they were contracting for they had no intention of supplying.

I contracted in good faith for the provision of Superfast Fibre 2. The fact BT did not communicate the fact that there was not going to be a Superfast Fibre 2 service on this line within a month of contracting for it, is misrepresentation.

To continue to charge me for a service they had no intention of providing is borderline fraudulent and no 'exclusion clause' that attempts to rely on the fact the the lowest possible Superfast 2 speeds overlap with the higher end of Superfast1 speeds. The fact remains that they do not supply me the package we contracted for and they had to have known that at the time. So, definite misrepresentation, that makes the contract void.

To continue to change me for a service they are not supplying, even though they were happy to sign me up for it and continue to charge me £5 extra a month for it, knowing full well it was not going to be supplied is a fundamental change in the contract that needed to be agreed by both parties to the contract, otherwise BT are in breach for selling me 'Product A' and instead providing me with 'Product B' which is not part of our contract.

BT never communicated with me and no change to service provision was agreed between us, which makes the current 'contract' void or voidable in Law.

The speed change is a red herring. That is the symptom of the breach of contract, not the breach itself.

To attept to rely on an exclusion clause that the lowest Superfast 2 speeds overlap with the higher Superfast 1 speed, so I am still getting 'within limits' Superfast 2 is completely unethical & also then an unfair exclusion clause.

Their own website says that Superfast 2 can't be contracted for on this line. If it can't be contracted for or provided, then that's not what we agreed to at the time of the contract.

I am contracted with BT to supply 'Product A' and they only supply 'Product B'. This is a fundamental change to the contract between us and as far as I am concerned, as they knew about this at the time the contract was agreed to & therefore misrepresented what I was being sold, they are in breach of the contract we signed.

We have no contract.

0 Ratings