cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Download speed slow for a week

Allow me to post a screen gram of a weeks worth of ookla speed test results from which you will see I’ve gone from 66 meg down to as low as 1 meg...

this isn’t why I signed up BT and am regretting my decision...

look forward to hearing back from as I do want to send the speed test results...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Download speed slow for a week

Just use the camera icon to upload an image.

If the file size is too large use a jpeg optimiser. e.g. https://tinyjpg.com/ 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Speedtest must be done with an Ethernet connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Ethernet connection to what...? Did you actually look at the downward fluctuating speed test results...? 66 meg just over a week ago and now down to a pathetic speed

Message 5 of 8

Have you done anything to ‘prove’ if an issue exists and it’s something your provider is responsible for  ?, have you done the basics , like a quiet line test ( dial 17070 ) a phone line problem , like a noisy line , can affect your broadband , the line may even be ‘no dial tone’  NDT .

Have you reported the problem , the chances are they would get you to try these things to determine if there is a problem or not  and if there is , where it is located, if you haven’t done anything ( apart from posting on here ) then your provider isn’t going to know you are experiencing poor speeds.

This customer to customer forum isn’t a way to officially report problems , and  unless the BT Mods offer to help,  ‘BT’ are not going to know about it, so, in the first instance, you need to contact BT .

Message 6 of 8

Ooooh my bad, I thought this forum was for reporting issues, if you had been unsuccessful in trying to get issue resolved, as I have tried ringing BT only to be playing the waiting game on getting put through to speak to an actual human...

As regards phone line, I do not use it, I merely want a reliable broadband service as I thought I was buying in to...

as to “proof” as to whether an issue exists, did you actually look at the screen gram photo I sent through whereby the ookla test a week ago was 66 meg, as expected under contract, to then plummet down to 1 meg, bearing in mind all speed tests were conducted off same iPad... that to me is an ISSUE

Message 7 of 8

I cannot see any ookla results in any of the posts you have made.  BT are only interested in btspeedtester results run using an Ethernet connection from the router to your device

the most common cause of broadband problems is problems with your phone line normally noise. You may not use the phone line but you pay for it as it is needed for your broadband connection

as already said everyone on here is a customer just like you apart from anyone designated MOD

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

Ok thanks, I’ll persevere and try BT again tomor, but when you think you’re buying into a top end reliable service only to find something different....

0 Ratings