cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 21

Re: Download speeds on iPad don’t make sense

@gosforth ,

While BT SH2 is capable device, it’s throttled to use only 3 channels on 5GHz band essentially…”

Yes, that’s one of the first things I spotted. When I had the TP-Link I used 46 for 5Ghz and 8 for 2.4Ghz. My Wi-fi Analyzer app reported 0% interference on those channels even though they overlap the main ones. It’s frustrating BT throttle the channel selection.

The allocation by the hub to what frequency seems okay. Anything that is 5Ghz compatible is on that leaving the others to use 2.4. Most are low demand devices but it’s frustrating my iPad can’t download my newspaper much quicker than before. More nuisance value than anything.

My two Windows PCs are Ethernet connected and 900Mbps is great.

I did eventually configure my TP-Link but the Wi-fi download speed was much the same - even in the same room - so I knew it was a general issue and not related to the hardware.

I’m on channel 48 so well away from the default 36. Not sure I can do much more really. Wi-fi download speed remain around 1/6th of Ethernet ones but it’s the PCs where speed is important and they’re great.

0 Ratings