cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Download speeds

Hello, I’m a new customer and not off to the best start with this company. Had my line installed on Friday and was told by the engineer there’s a fault underground, therefore my connection isn’t currently stable. He informed me another engineer would be out on Monday which is fine. But the issue is that I’m paying for the Fibre 2 broadband and the download speeds in my area are between 55 and 60/70Mb/s something yet When I try to download things, it’s a downloading at an average of 8-10 mb/s, going as low as like 100kb/s and peaking at about 25-27mb/s for like 5 seconds or so and then goes back down. Literally no other device is connected to my router, it’s wired directly to the Xbox. Therefore should be having no issues? Is this down to the faults underground that the engineer picked up? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Download speeds

If he's detected an underground fault, that will affect your speeds. Once it's repaired allow 10 days (I think) for your speeds to settle

Message 3 of 3

Re: Download speeds

Well fingers crossed that the fault will be fixed Monday and will hopefully fix my download speed 

0 Ratings