cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yabadaba
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Download stuck at exactly 35.00 Mbps

Hi, I've had a stable line for many years with my router always reporting it has connected in the high 40's to low 50's. however, a few weeks ago I suffered a spate of DSL dropouts with the connection dropping eventually to 9-10 Mbps and reported the fault. Although I wasn't told it had been fixed I tried restarting my SmartHub and noticed that it had connected at 35.00 Mbps....better but still not where I was at.

I went back onto BT again they detected another fault outside of my home that was supposed to be fixed earlier this week. I heard nothing and noticed I'm still stuck at 35.00 Mbps today so have just called them and now I'm being told the engineer can't find anything although there does seem to to be some RF interference between 4.15 and 5pm each day (??). I know of nothing inside my hone that happens at this specific time.

So, that leaves me as technically having no fault (because my download is about 32 Mbps on their speedtest), but I was getting about 20 more before. Also, isn't it odd that the SmartHub reports a dead-on 35.00 Mbps and won't vary at all from that? I can have an engineer out but at the risk of being charged if there's a fault with my kit. Probably worth taking the chance I guess, but any thoughts on this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Download stuck at exactly 35.00 Mbps

Dead on 35M is a banded profile as a result of DLM intervening due to the line drops. Can you post the line stats from the hub please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

is your connection stable with no drops?  if it is still dropping connection due to interference then you are not going to get faster speed until you solve the drop in connection problem

try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
yabadaba
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, here are the stats as they stand now.....

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ65222161

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

06-Jun-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 13 Hours 9 Minutes 32 Seconds

Data rate:

10.67 Mbps / 35.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

11075 / 46336

Noise margin:

6.3 dB / 7.1 dB

Line attenuation:

20.6 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Have you tried connecting to test socket with filter to see if that helps stability by eliminating your internal wiring

if disconnections happen in that small time window do you have anything that starts up or switches off during that time which could be the cause

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
yabadaba
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Interesting, I've tried the quiet line test before a few times and most recently when I had the initial issue and the DSL connection kept dropping. It was dead quiet then. I've just tried it now and I hear a rhythmic clicking  (albeit quiet) and then some weird electrical sound every now and again....kind of sounds like a very quiet dog bark/yapping sound...but obviously isn't that!!

The line hasn't dropped as often since the initial fault (down to 9 Mbps) was seemingly fixed, but it must have dropped just after I checked this morning as then it reported it had been up for 4+ days and now for 13hrs.

I'll let BT know about the noise in the morning.

0 Ratings
yabadaba
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

No, there's nothing at all I can think off that goes on/off during that period, plus the disconnects are not limited to then. I will try connecting to the test socket, but also have a new (spare) BT Mk 4 faceplate that I will try in order to eliminate the possibility that my existing one is faulty. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

just connect to test socket ith filter first and if you can get stable connection then you can change faceplate  want as few resets as possible

0 Ratings