cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan
Message 1 of 5

Downloading 300KBs per second when I am meant to be downloading 3MB per second

Download speed.png Hello,

I am a BT infinity customer and I am paying for 3MB per second internet, but all of a sudden my internet connection has dropped so now it takes longer to access pages and also download games. I am a gaming type of person and this is unbearable I would a preciate it if you could help me out because I have had 3 BT engineers round over the span of 3 years and I do not want there to be another one.

Thanks for reading

-Nathan

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Downloading 300KBs per second when I am meant to be downloading 3MB per second

can you please run the further diagnostics test of the BT Speedtest and post back its results http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

then we can help you further
0 Ratings
Homer_J
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: Downloading 300KBs per second when I am meant to be downloading 3MB per second

300 K(thousand) Bytes per second.

Your connection is 3M(million) bits per second.

8 bits in a byte, then you have overheads so for ease of maths use 10x so you are getting close on 3,000,000 bits per second.

You are getting your full rate.

seab20
Expert
Message 4 of 5

If the OP has infinity then 3MBps (megabytes not bits) should be easily achievable as that would be 24Mbps a fraction of the 76Mbps max connection speed of infinity

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 5

@seab20 wrote:

If the OP has infinity then 3MBps (megabytes not bits) should be easily achievable as that would be 24Mbps a fraction of the 76Mbps max connection speed of infinity

a) Assuming the OP is on Infinity 2 (Infinity 1 is only 40mbps)

b) Assuming the OP is connecting via ethernet.

c) Assuming if wireless that the card is wireless "N" and not wireless "g"

0 Ratings