cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Downstream Sync Speed in smart hub differs from speed tests?

My smart hub currently shows my Downstream Sync Speed at 49Mbps, but actual speed tests, including Openreach's availability checker put my speed at around 35.

So what's happening here, is the router wrong?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Downstream Sync Speed in smart hub differs from speed tests?

post your hub stats and also results of dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

hub.jpgstats.jpg

The speed check shows slightly better results today, but there's still a difference.  And last night the same test was showing 34.7.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

the router shows your connection speed which is near top of expected range.  the download speed is always less than connection speed to allow for overheads.  if you run btspeedtester diagnostic test you will see your profile which allows for the overheads and your download speed will be less than your profile

https://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings