Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobb09
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Dramatic drop in download speeds

Hello,

I'm experiencing a huge drop in download speeds as below.  I have run through the fault diagnostics and the network checks are picking up the following "Our initial checks show that the connection between your Hub and our network is slow."

My hardware hasn't changed, same router, same ADSL filter, same master socket. I've done a quite line test and the line is silent, I've triend a second ADSL filter, and also tried the test socket directly, all with no improvements. Any ideas what could be casuing this?

Screenshot_20190329-185642_Speedtest.jpg

log1.pnglog2.png

bbavail.png

Many thanks

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Dramatic drop in download speeds

your down speed is terrible and your conenction stats are not good either

can your factory reset the hub by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash  then connec to test socket with filter, turn off smart setup in hub and then post the router stats like before   see if that improves figres  do you have another modem cable you can use to connect hub to filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
hobb09
Beginner
Message 3 of 22

Hi, 

Here are the results direct from the test socket after factory reset of the hub:

log1.2.pnglog2.2.png

I don't have a spare cable to hand but could get one to see if it makes any difference.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

that has not helped conenction speed but has significantly improved your attainable speed

are you connecting direct to filter in test socket without any phone extension cable?  when in test socket check there is no dial tone at any extension socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hobb09
Beginner
Message 5 of 22

Hi again,

yes from the filter directly into the test socket, no extension.

Could it be a faulty hub?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

Are you getting dial tone with a phone at the test socket, looks like one wire has become disconnected?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

If you are using test socket and quiet line test ok then phone CS and get engineer visit as speed below estimated and also handback speed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

@licquorice wrote:

Are you getting dial tone with a phone at the test socket, looks like one wire has become disconnected?

@hobb09 

Already posted that did quiet line test and line was quiet so wires appear connected

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 22

whoops, missed that although it does have all the symptoms of one wire disconnected.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

@licquorice wrote:

whoops, missed that although it does have all the symptoms of one wire disconnected.

I agree but must be something else if quiet line test is ok with no noise

0 Ratings