cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Draytek 2862 connects but nothing at my PC

Go to solution

So I splashed out on a Draytek 2862LN , I went through the setup I put in all the details like the username bthomehub@btbroadband.com password as BT my broadband IP and so on , the router connects and tells me I have connection even shows upload and download speeds which look the same as my home hub stats before it was replaced , but I get no connection to any device either wired or wifi , ive tried my desktop on fixed and DHCP but nothing, yet my bthub works fine.

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Draytek 2862 connects but nothing at my PC

Go to solution

Are any of your devices getting an IP address in the correct range from the DHCP server and if so can you ping from one to the other?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

My TV pulled the new gateway address , range wise both routers are set to 192.168.1 hub ending 253 and draytek ending 1

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

So, to aid my understanding,  your Draytek is 192.168.1.1 and you still have the BT hub connected but you have changed it's IP address from 192.168.1.254 to 192.168.1.253, is that right?

Which one is connected to your broadband?

How have you connected the two.

Whatever the answers to the above questions, can you ping the Draytek? (open a command window on a windows machine (Win+R)) . type ping /? if you need help on how to use the ping command 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Did you disable DHCP on the hub if you are using that as a WAP? Did you set the VLAN id to 101 on the Draytek

Does the Draytek work ok without the hub being connected?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Managed to sort it I didnt realise despite my hub giving a specific IP that I need to set the draytek to dhcp , all seems good now but thanks all for the input

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Out of interest, how have you got the devices connected?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
In what sense ?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

How are the 2 devices connected together LAN-LAN or LAN-WAN and which is connected to broadband and to what purpose is the second device being used.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Ah no not connected together , I did initially have then connected and the draytek wizard sorted a link out but in the end I just unplugged and swapped between
0 Ratings