cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Dreadful upload speed and high noise

After the initial increase in upload speeds, there continued several drop outs over a few days and the upload speeds dropped to 1.36 again. So after 4 days with no drop outs, I disconnected the DSL again as Keith suggested and I immediately have increased upload speeds and the same download speeds. 

I am presuming that over the course of the next few days I will get more drop outs until the upload speed gets back down to 1.3 wish again and the whole process will start again. 

Should I report this? What is it most likely to be with this kind of behaviour? I've been offered an upgrade to Whole Home (obviously for more money)  but I don't want to do that and recontract if I have an underlying problem .

Hub? Line? Faceplate? Internal wiring? Quiet on corded phone test

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Its probably just a burst of interference which is going to be almost impossible to find. I occasionally get that issue on ADSL, possibly to to a Working Party Interruption in the exchange or cabinet.

Upload connection speed drops from 1172Kbs to about 800Kbs, which is fixed by a short disconnection.

If you keep getting a lot of dropouts, all you can do is to see if you get the same problem when plugged into the test socket. Provided things are wired up correctly, it would eliminate any issue with your internal wiring.

Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

I'm back into the loop once again. Down to 800kbs and drop outs every couple of days, so have now plugged the DSL into the test socket so I'll see what happens now. Going to be without a phone though which is annoying. 

If it does happen while in the test socket  - what does that mean - and if it doesn't ? I still haven't called BT as I don't really know what the score is until after this do I ?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

You just need to plug the phone into the phone socket on the microfilter.

infinity_test.jpg

0 Ratings