Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikrt
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Drop in download speed after fault

Hi all,

2 weeks ago we woke up to no BB and no dialling tone. I used my BT app on my mobile, and it did a line test and found a fault outside of the property.

I got an automated email to say fault had been logged and would be repaired in 4 days. Fine - no problem.

2 days later, and I hit the track fault button, it said fault repaired! We did have intermittent BB, and phone line was there, but very crackly.

I called this time, and they said they had no record of fault, so another fault was raised, but I was told an engineer would have to call and an £80 fee was payable if they found an issue inside, I was confident all OK inside so we went ahead and booked for another 4 days.

Another 2 days later, and BB is stable and line is clear. But BB download speed is normally 78 > 79 Mbps, now it is 49 Mbps and just above my guaranteed line speed of 47 Mbps.

I called to track fault, and they could see the open fault with engineer booked, I explained the then present speed and he said it was most probably fixed, and that the speed would increase in a week as it performed line checks, so we cancelled the engineer, and now showing fault repaired.

It's been over a week now and no change, am I being impatient or is there still a fault do you think? Please see screenshot of current status, I don't undestand it, can someone please advise, 

clipboard_image_0.png

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
mikrt
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Drop in download speed after fault

Apologies, just seen how small screenshot is 😞
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi @mikrt,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry that your services have developed a fault.  I appreciate the time that this has been going on and regret that it's taking longer than it should to repair.  As you aren't getting anywhere we can pick this up and find out what's causing the hold up.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

P.S  I edited your post above to make the screenshot a little bigger and more easily read 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

that is just dslchecker estimated speeds but can you post hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

which exchange and cab are you on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mikrt
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks imjolly, screenshot below

clipboard_image_0.png

I hope this is what you meant, Exchange is Cardigan, not sure which cabinet though - sorry.

0 Ratings
mikrt
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Thanks RobbieMac, pm replied to.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

the exchange and cab number would have been at top of dslchecker results but you deleted at same time as phone number

you have a 55mb connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mikrt
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Thanks again @imjolly

clipboard_image_0.png

Includes info I cropped earlier.

I carried out BBspeedtest on smarthub and got 49 Mbps, but can now see 55 on the tech log,

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 12

It takes approx 14 days with a stable connection for G.INP to kick back in which will see a speed bump for you.

mikrt
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Thanks @pippincp  

So i am just impatient you think, and another week should be all ok? 

0 Ratings